General > Collector's Corner

How many castaway/shipwreck sets have been made?

(1/3) > >>

Alex4420:
While diving into the deep end of PM old and new in search of cool sets to purchase, I fell in love with 3861 (1996, blond bearded klicky with the red and white striped shirt, holding a bottle with a message). Then I noticed PM seemed to enjoy this theme, as they made the following:

3736 - Pirate (well, he does have a parrot) on a pretty substantial raft (hey! it has red sail and an oar) with a dog, lantern, and scary shark
3862 - Pirate on a small raft menaced by yet another shark
4136 - Pirate island shipwreck Super Set, with two pirates, the broken-off bow of a ship, crane, cannon, anchor, parrot and of course another scary shark
5138 - Pirate under a palm lean-to with a monkey, crab, knife and skull (What, no shark? Maybe the skull was scary enough?)

I thought about including the Redcoat Caravel (70412) because of the pirate on the raft BUT he is a bit of a badass, with his cannon and cutlass, and the chances seem good he may board the ship and sail away so I ruled him out  :P

If you can think of any others, let me know! I may just try and collect all of them...

Indianna:
Hello Alex!
As you are new to the forum and starting to do some collecting, I thought you'd like to know about Playmodb, a website that most of us here at PlaymoFriends are familiar with.  Although it hasn't been updated for a few years, it is a valuable resource for older sets.  Enjoy!

Macruran:
I like 5138 a lot, I have two  :arrr:

GrahamB:
Ha, yes! PM ideas do seem to come around every few years. The four sets you mentioned appeared in 1992, 1996, 2007 and 2011 respectively, so we are overdue another version! The 2024 Pirates theme hasn't got one, however.

Set 3861- Isolation Island- from 1996 could also be added to your list.

Ambulances, Fire Trucks, pizza bakers... there is a long list of things which keep reappearing in PM form.

Alex4420:

--- Quote from: Indianna on January 13, 2024, 23:15:19 ---Hello Alex!
As you are new to the forum and starting to do some collecting, I thought you'd like to know about Playmodb, a website that most of us here at PlaymoFriends are familiar with.  Although it hasn't been updated for a few years, it is a valuable resource for older sets.  Enjoy!

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the site! What a resource!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version