Author Topic: 6927 - Pony Stables  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
6927 - Pony Stables
« on: January 29, 2016, 05:56:08 »
I expected these stables to be small, but it was still a surprise just how very small the baseplate is:

The set does look a perfectly acceptable size once put together, though.

Incidentally, when I was taking the bags out of the box, I was expecting all small parts to be bagged.  But they weren't.  And I didn't notice these parts sandwiched between the bags.  Consequently, as I lifted out one bag, a little red connector, a green lead rope, and two stable bandages went flying onto the floor.  One of the stable bandages landed in front of one of my dogs, who assumed it was a titbit and picked it up to eat it.  Thankfully, he is an obedient dog regarding things in his mouth, and when I said (er... shrieked) 'Give!' to him, he spat it out immediately, totally unharmed, not even a tooth mark on it.

Anyway, it's a nice little stable, and I particularly like all the hooks and holders everywhere.

Before purchase, I was concerned that the stable fencing was really too low for ponies.  And, indeed, it is not an ideal height, but it is higher than I expected. 

And a pony looks nice looking over the stable door.

Despite my shrieking rescue of a stable bandage from the dog's mouth, I'm not very keen on the stable bandages.  Maybe it is just my own inadequate application, but I seem to either get them too high (so it looks like the pony or horse has a bandaged knee), or too low (so it looks like they are wearing sweat bands, like a sports person might wear round their wrists).

The barn doors fix to little hinges which need to be inserted into the door frame.  Horrible things!  I know how to get them inserted (place them in the hole at an upward angle towards their 'lip', and then press down), but they need a bit of force, and they dig into the pressing finger or thumb, and hurt.  Wrapping finger or thumb in a bit of padding advised!

The handles of the lead ropes are super.  They can be held in the hand, held by one of those wall holders/grips, or attached to a tie ring by the C-shaped part at the end.

You do need to tie the ropes on yourself, though, which is a bit fiddly.

I really like the adult klicky that comes with this set (I love her boots!), and I'm really pleased to have a black rider as well.

I'm not very keen on the gate lock.  This isn't the clearest photo, but it is held shut by pegs on a small chain.  (And the chain needs to be attached to the pegs, which isn't so easy for adult fingers or with poor eyesight.)  Actually, it doesn't keep it shut very well; a slight touch and the gate swings open slightly.  Not enough to let the ponies out, but enough to irritate me - 'That gate has opened again!'  Also, I couldn't be bothered to take out a peg to open the gate to let a rider out, and then have to put the peg back in again.  So they did the much more convenient thing of just jumping over the fence to exit the field.

Despite the gate though, this seems to be a well-thought-out set, with lots of potential for fun for children.  You do need some considerable patience to assemble it, though, with the rope tying and the gate chain and the hinges, and a few maybe-confusing parts of assembly for someone who isn't accustomed to building with Playmobil.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: 6927 - Pony Stables
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 08:39:53 »
This set looks even better than I thought it would!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 15:19:04 »
Great review! I think I like this a little better than the last pony stables. The one big stall for the horses rather than three small ones will make play easier. I may have to get this one, since I gave the last one to my niece.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 17:17:39 »
The stable fences might be a bit low, but I do like the look of them. Lovely clickies too, particularly the kids!

I've had trouble with those hinges too (in sets like the new pirate island and the new gameskeeper house)  :-\ *auch!!!*

I kinda like the look of the building, except for the yellow parts which don't really fit the colour scheme imo. And it is quite small...

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 19:18:00 »
Thanks for the pics.. It is system X, right? (though less than half a tiny stable)..

I wonder if those hinges are the same as the steck ones... those have that same problem.

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 22:20:54 »
Yes, it is System-X, though the walls are the extra-short type, like in the 5120 Farm/Shop.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 19:45:08 »
Nice looking set, will fit in really well with the newest farm theme in building style too.
For those hinge clips I use an old yellow system x connecting tool, the handle end fits into the clip ok and then I can press down without having to put the pressure on my hand. Works pretty well and less risk of part breakage than if you use the door to press with. Everyone has scads of extra connecting tools laying around usually.