Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 202836 times)

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #2240 on: November 20, 2019, 17:02:00 »
This picture looks perfect for a Christmas card!  :gift:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2241 on: November 23, 2019, 12:02:27 »
Thank you so much dear Friend  :wave:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2242 on: November 23, 2019, 12:08:21 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

Over the next few weeks, I will take you through a few of the Christmas traditions and their origins.

The Traditions of Christmas

Mince pie is a sweet pie of English origin, filled with a mixture of dried fruits and spices called "mincemeat", that is traditionally served during the Christmas season in much of the English-speaking world.

Its ingredients are dating back to the 13th century, when returning European crusaders brought with them Middle Eastern recipes containing meats - mostly lamb -, fruits and spices; representing the gifts delivered to Jesus by the Biblical Magi.

The mince pies are a pastry case filled with "Mincemeat", a spicy preserve comprising a mixture of dried fruit, apple, suet and candied fruit and spices steeped in rum or brandy as well as satsumas and a lemon zest. They are served warm with a dust of icing sugar and often enjoyed with a glass of mulled wine  :**:

I wish you all a great week-end  :wave:

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2243 on: November 26, 2019, 16:53:22 »
Thanks for the walkthrough, Karim: it was a most interesting read! :D  Already looking forwards to the next installments.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2244 on: November 26, 2019, 17:53:03 »
Thank you so much dear Friend  :wave:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2245 on: November 26, 2019, 18:35:40 »
Good evening dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

All around our streets and shops, Christmas is on his way and my little victorians were busy this afternoon celebrating one of the most ancient Christmas traditions :

The Traditions of Christmas

Mulled wine originated in the 2nd century. It was created by the Romans who would heat wine to defend their bodies against the cold winter. As the Romans conquered much of Europe throughout the next century, their love for mulled wine spread across their empire and the regions they traded with.

As its popularity continued to grow throughout the middle ages, Europeans would mix heated wine with spices because they believed it would promote health and avoid sickness. They would also use herbs and flowers as natural sweeteners to make unpalatable wines taste a lot nicer.

As more alternatives developed over time, recipe books started using the collective name glögg, first mentioned in 1609. The next big adaptation took place in the 1800s when cognacs-glögg started to become popular, too.

The big turning point came in the 1890s, when glögg became associated with Christmas. Every wine merchant across the country had their own unique recipe to share. Over time, these unique bottles (most depicting Santa Claus) were distributed throughout the rest of Europe – uprooting the long forgotten mulled wine in a new festive light.

Over the next several decades, mulled wine had become a global phenomenon, with countries all over the world creating their own unique blends.

The traditional recipe consists in gently heating red wine with citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons or satsumas, cloves, cinnamon sticks, caster sugar and a touch of brandy and let it simmer until it blends into the perfect mulled wine. Cheers  :**:

Karim :gent:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2246 on: November 27, 2019, 18:39:05 »
Good evening dear Friends  :wave:

Myself and my little helpers have had a tremendous fun this afternoon transforming New Regent into a winter wonderland.

The snow carpet I purchased worked well as base for the grand avenue before being sprinkled with snow flakes.

And there is more as I was looking for an adult Playmobil sled and fell in love with the Playmobil Winter Magic Royal Couple Sled who will be the first to travel in the fresh snow.

Finally, Mrs Applepie, sorry Mrs Claus Christmas Patisserie is now looking even more festive with decorations inspired by gingerbread men.

It really begins to look like Christmas on New Regent St  ;D

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2247 on: November 27, 2019, 19:27:38 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2248 on: November 27, 2019, 19:58:13 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2249 on: November 27, 2019, 20:24:21 »

Karim