Author Topic: Blocked from playmofriends  (Read 9754 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Blocked from playmofriends
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2011, 14:01:02 »
I understand perfectly. I've done my fair share of chilling out on my computer during those boring quiet periods in class.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2011, 14:24:44 »
Am I too old? I've never had a computer in class!  :hmm:
I doubt kids take laptops to school nowadays either....
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2011, 14:28:56 »
I can remember taking notes using a chisel and stone . . .  :lol: :lol:
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2011, 14:33:41 »
Well, I don't mean in high school, though my brother teaches high school, and the kids and teachers check out laptops from the school library to use in class for projects, mostly group work, so you only need 5 laptops or so in the classroom, or they may take turns. And they do have internet access and everything, but social networking sites are blocked. Of course that's easy to get around.

When I was in court reporting school, though, we all had to have laptops, it was a requirement, and they were always open and next to us, so what we were typing on the machine would come up on the screen. Of course, between dictations and during breaks, most of us were either online or playing solitaire... or majhong. ;D
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2011, 16:34:53 »

at the university i attended we used laptops instead of notebooks (it was a requirement too) - not all schools are like that though (at least not in Latin America), mostly just some private ones

we couldn't access facebook or msn until certain hour (facebook became popular down here in my senior year)...I was always a smart (maybe nerdy :P) boy who would never open those sites when in class  0) - I do admit I used ebay a couple of times to win auctions though :-[ >:D :-[

Of course, between dictations and during breaks, most of us were either online or playing solitaire... or majhong. ;D

bad bad kids! >:( ;D
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2011, 16:57:54 »
Oh, I did a LOT of ebaying while in class. :-[ I had a great spot against a wall, so no one could see what I was doing. I was still "in the closet" as a playmobil collector then. Good thing I didn't know about this place yet, or I would have been on from class all the time! ;D

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2011, 22:53:25 »
I can remember taking notes using a chisel and stone . . .  :lol: :lol:
Joe
I love this....can't stop laughing.... ;D ;D ;D

I remember in infant school when we were learning to write we used little blackboards and chalk  :lol:
...at school we didn't have computers either, but at teacher training college we were able to borrow a typewriter to make life a bit easier!

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2011, 00:27:19 »
My brother had an electric typewriter in highschool to do his homework on. Those didn't last long. My mom has a really old-fashioned typewriter in a case.