Author Topic: XI Playmobil Collectors Fair in Barcelona  (Read 3782 times)

Offline gassy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Playmobil
Re: XI Playmobil Collectors Fair in Barcelona
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 19:50:07 »
Hello

Here a video from the expo 2013 , was another great exhibition !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aIXuyooTJ7w

gassy
#‎PlaymobilQuixote

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 21:28:37 »
Thanks for posting the link Gassy. There is a lot to see in this video. An amazing number of people waiting in line for the show.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 01:32:12 »
Very nice and thank you for the links.

I do see so much that I like but so much I do not understand. Why is the guy blowing up the train w/woman on the track type of stuff  ???

One think I really would like to know is how does Geobra allow such dioramas. Dominatrix woman in the brothell, political statements and things like that.  :hmm: there are little kids in there. I know I put things in our dioramas but they are so subtle most kids and even most adults never notice them. The show here the dioramas are in those plastic cases that it would be hard not to notice them.

I may have to up the ante at our shows  >:D

One thing that got me drooling was the used items for sale. I would blow thousands of dollars in a place like that  so it is probably a good thing they are not in our area  :-[

Thanks again for all the links to the wonderfull show  :**:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 08:25:53 »
One think I really would like to know is how does Geobra allow such dioramas. Dominatrix woman in the brothell, political statements and things like that.  :hmm: there are little kids in there. I know I put things in our dioramas but they are so subtle most kids and even most adults never notice them. The show here the dioramas are in those plastic cases that it would be hard not to notice them.

Kids don't understand/notice stuff that is not for their ears/eyes. It's like all the innuendo on Shrek. Adults are just paranoid...  :P

One thing that got me drooling was the used items for sale. I would blow thousands of dollars in a place like that  so it is probably a good thing they are not in our area  :-[

Yep. That's why I decided agaisnt it. It would be a disaster for my wallet - and gods know the poor thing has been through enough (and there's more to come  8} )

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 20:20:13 »
Well it's a private event so they can have rules as they like. Hopefully in the future there will be some officially sponsored events like this. If that happens you can be sure the company will control what is allowed to be shown.
On the topic of these cases - watch the video and towards the end they show how they are made. They are just creating a wooden framework and covering it with thick plastic sheeting. Then setting those up around the edge of the displays. In Seattle Glazz uses a rope barrier that keeps the kids (most of them at least) back a couple of feet from the edge. The plastic barriers would take less supervision, but it would feel different to have to look through a window instead of being able to see directly. I like the immediacy of the rope barrier method, or no barriers as Rasputin has done. Crowds aren't generally as big here though we did get 3 thousand or so at the Seattle show.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 00:50:58 »
perhaps in the future they could take the pictures before or after the plastic wall is installed.

I really have not had too many problems with kids touching, well I let them but I strictly enforce my rules. I think I had one problem dad when his kid started acting up. The dad told the kid 2 or 3 times to stop touching but he continued. I walked by and asked the kid to listen to his dad and the dad got angry. I then  :-X anyways the kids are typically always nice and so are the majority of parents. In the last show in a privileged town there were a lot of autistic children and even they were pleasant to deal with. Now I do put most of the willing kids to work setting stuff up.  :-[
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 04:10:12 »

I wondered that too... I think the things going on in these dioramas are obvious enough for even young children to notice or at least wonder about. Not sure I really understand the thinking behind that. :eh?:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 13:32:25 »
Thank you for the links  :wave:
Some great displays - all the things to buy  :inlove: that would be no good for me!

I do think it is a pity that the displays have to be behind plastic though.  Our underwater scene last year was behind plastic to represent a tank, but it did spoil the photo opportunities.

I wondered that too... I think the things going on in these dioramas are obvious enough for even young children to notice or at least wonder about. Not sure I really understand the thinking behind that. :eh?:

I quite agree with Bonnie, when they know that children will be visiting I don't think it is appropriate.  I may be old fashioned,  but I don't think it adds to the display at all.
They can create wonderful dioramas without having things like that - just look at the wonderful Victorian scenes EmmaJ creates in her Victorian houses for example.

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 14:14:37 »
Thank you for sharing this very interesting video  :)

There are some very creative victorian scenes such as the barber or music lesson  :love:

I am less sure that the "pleasure house" was to be depicted in such a graphic way when "ladies" could have been dressed in a suggestive but yet child friendly way  ;)

It is nevertheless a fantastic exhibition  :love:

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline peetje

• Playmo Lover
  • peetje
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 09:26:00 »
Thx for the links.
Nice to see.

Peter
Love animals.