Author Topic: Our 3rd local train diorama show, western  (Read 2678 times)

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
Re: Our 3rd local train diorama show, western
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 20:54:26 »
Wonderful diorama Ras, congrats. Yes, we need more pictures please!!!

Friendly George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 23:05:31 »
Sorry, I really never have time to take pictures and my wife snapped only a few before she left also. The diorama seems so basic and one dimensional to me as I have lots of ideas in my head how to make it better. Its like taking pictures of when one is learning how to draw, its mush for a while. I am sure the guys from the news papers and all the professionally equipped armature photographers who were there must have some beautiful shots.  I only saw one or two so far and they were of the dio used as a  background.

hauden_lukas
, I really don't. I just see the spot, lay out a circle, I used the tarp due to thinking I would not have enough mulch, I put the tarp not square so it looked more natural, the corner looked like a good spot for the beaver project recently, then some towns, a forest, Indian village , a war, I brought no switches so I just lay ed down extra track and put some trains on it, pretend where roads would go and mulch them out, use light mulch for roads and buffalo plains and dark for everything else. 2 sweaty hours later

bb It was a IPMS (international plastic modelers society) event and the local toy shop sponsored the other half of the events center. About 2000 people showed up in 6 hours. There is a lot of film in our area. Pixar also is not far away and when my friend worked there we did playmo for them but in a diffrent way. 
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 11:45:18 »
Makes sense pixar would be in the same area, their sound is done at skywalker ranch. I'm a huge fan of pixar, I think it would be such a fun place to work!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 15:30:38 »
Makes sense pixar would be in the same area, their sound is done at skywalker ranch. I'm a huge fan of pixar, I think it would be such a fun place to work!

If you ever saw how they designed the inside of the work area you would think you landed inside a cartoon. All over the walls are the decorations from movies. Office areas are grouped together for departments and each group has a fully stocked mini bar, food everywhere, I really do not see how people get anything done in there, its more like a party than a work place
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 15:54:40 »
I've seen documentaries on it. It's the most awesome work place ever! They have a lego room, and they take breaks where they just go play with legos to get their creative juices going. They even showed one guy had this room off his office that you have to crawl into, and it's like some secret clubhouse a kid would make in a crawl space, and they hold meetings in there. Soooooo cool!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.