Author Topic: 2019 Catalog USA  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
2019 Catalog USA
« on: February 19, 2019, 18:57:57 »
So I just received an order from Geobra and it came with the customary catalog, 2019. Now I haven’t seen one in years and I was quite surprised that most of the cover klickies were in artificially bent positions. It wasn’t that long ago that Geobra was quite upset at collectors depicting klickies heat bent. They claimed it encourages children to play with matches, or some other BS . Now with out the PCC how is Geobra going to criticize us only to steal the ideas years later ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: 2019 Catalog USA
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 21:22:14 »
Yes, bent-limb klickies are standard in Geobra's marketing stuff now, following various animated films and of course the Hockey sets. I wonder how many children are disappointed to find that most PM figures don't have knees and elbows when seen in real life?

Geobra have several ways to steal ideas from the Collector community, like lurking on PF!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 04:29:46 »
I wish they'd steal one of my ideas.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 16:12:33 »
I wish they'd steal one of my ideas.

If they do don’t ever expect any kind of acknowledgment or thank you
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 00:35:21 »
I don't want acknowledgement, I want good klickies.  :brownhair: :blackhair: :klickygrin:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 04:36:04 by Macruran »
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 01:36:30 »
Just received a new order and it came with the new 2019 catalog. It has the playmo movie cover and it contains the add- on mini catalog. Unfortunately UPS left it out and it got rained on