Author Topic: 17 least appropiate PM sets for kids?  (Read 12516 times)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
17 least appropiate PM sets for kids?
« on: March 21, 2011, 16:54:27 »
somebody on the Spanish forum posted this link - not sure if this has been discussed before but the authors listed what they consider the 17 least appropiate playmobil sets :hmm:

anyway, after reading the descriptons twice (and knowing that sarcastic humor is part of the American culture) i think the authors (Kevin J. Guhl and Brian Heiler) were actually joking and trying to make their audience laugh about Playmobil's 'lack of accuracy' :lol: (or so I think? :o) - otherwise this will be the most ridiculous personal opinions on political correction i've ever heard/read in my life  :P

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/07/the_17_least_appropriate_playmobil_sets_for_childr.php

PS There were a few things that I hadn't noticed until i read this article, such as the overreaction on the bike accident :lol:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 16:59:31 by Luis »
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: 17 least appropiate PM sets for kids?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 17:17:31 »
I think these articles are hilarious!  :lol: I have to admit it's kind of true; some sets don't seem entirely kid friendly. The hooded executioner is scary, and the box art with the wolves attacking the moose is so inappropriate!  :lol: But that's what I love so much about playmobil; the realism. They never run from more delicate issues. They bravely take them on with cheerful little smiles!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 17:22:45 »
Not one of those sets I wouldn't buy immediately if it was still available at a reasonable price and I didn't already have it.

The world is not hygenically plastic shrink-wrapped with a pink bow for children's convenience, and I applaud Playmobil's willingness to produce some unusual sets to show the grimier side of life.

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 17:31:11 »
It's hard not to imagine Playmobil's toy designers giggling to themselves as they received approval to release a whole set dedicated to losing a few pounds from your colon in one of those aromatic portable commodes.

Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 17:47:40 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 17:55:12 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
it's really funny!!!  thanx Luis for the laughs!!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 18:07:14 »
I am not sure if I want to laugh or cry  ::) ... I will argee with Martin and Bonnie!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 18:23:01 »
Realism is one of them main reasons that drew me to Playmobil in the first place! It should contain the grimer events that occur everyday in real life. Children are able to see these events on TV 6 O clock news! Watch CNN where repeat bodies are being removed from disasters, & CBS drama shows that parents watch contain worse. It's an everyday occurance that children need to be able to come to terms with in their own way, & Playmobil makes them able to reconstruct these issues in their own way. BTW, they have beer commericals on the Super Bowl Game, so what if the play sets come with a huge keg & foam filled mugs, most parents are drinking alcohol in front of their children at the same time, so get over it, it's everyday life! :lol:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 18:39:28 »
Absolutely hilarious!!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"explosively defecate" !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the link! :D

Damo :)