Author Topic: why the new castles don't have a house ?  (Read 5852 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: why the new castles don't have a house ?
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 16:35:53 »
:lol: True! ;D

Though for the stables,
You could just park your horses beneath the keep in the 4866 castle.
Add a bit of hay, and voila! ;D
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 12:30:47 »
Bring back the original steck  I say , I hated the system x houses and dont like at all the system x castles thats why I never bought them, these new castels are not appealing either to me and I am afraid the old type steck is the best think playmobil has ever created. These new sets are so unrealisitc and their designs look like the cheap chinese castle sets sold in toyfairs . The old 3666 castle was the FERRARI  of complete castle sets with action figures , these new ones are the LADAs ( apologies if anyone has a lada here and is therefore offended ). Playmobil sets are getting worse and worse, klickies now have no armour but hair and fiesty eyes and weird looking weapons. rubbish i am afraid in my opinion . absolutely nonsense and i doubt they will sell and be on market for more than a year ...

Combining system x and steck , i dont know what the benefit of these hybrid sets will be. The beaty of steck was that it was of very good quality, simple and compact pieces to create your own designs, these awful new castles are cheapish plastic ( like the dragonland series ) , too bulky and no creativity. And  i have a feeling they wont be a success as the system x wasnt either . Steck castles were selling for decades and some slight modifications, colours etc would have worked greatly i think .. Bring back steck !!!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2010, 12:56:25 »
Bring back the original steck  I say , I hated the system x houses and dont like at all the system x castles thats why I never bought them, these new castels are not appealing either to me and I am afraid the old type steck is the best think playmobil has ever created. These new sets are so unrealisitc and their designs look like the cheap chinese castle sets sold in toyfairs . The old 3666 castle was the FERRARI  of complete castle sets with action figures , these new ones are the LADAs ( apologies if anyone has a lada here and is therefore offended ). Playmobil sets are getting worse and worse, klickies now have no armour but hair and fiesty eyes and weird looking weapons. rubbish i am afraid in my opinion . absolutely nonsense and i doubt they will sell and be on market for more than a year ...

Combining system x and steck , i dont know what the benefit of these hybrid sets will be. The beaty of steck was that it was of very good quality, simple and compact pieces to create your own designs, these awful new castles are cheapish plastic ( like the dragonland series ) , too bulky and no creativity. And  i have a feeling they wont be a success as the system x wasnt either . Steck castles were selling for decades and some slight modifications, colours etc would have worked greatly i think .. Bring back steck !!!!!

Some of the armor on these new Klickies is pretty good.
And as I said in the other thread, that castles are not that bad. (I would prefer steck.)
Just wait a little longer, and hopefully with the help of the pilot club
Geobra will realize that steck is a much better system. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2010, 13:03:40 »
My detailed comments are in the excellent review by Sir Wolf . I suggest the discussion in continued there as this htread was only about the houses...  :)

The new castle sets are nowhere near the quality, looks and customisation standards of the steck ones .  :hmm:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2010, 13:49:11 »
You know the red/blue/yellow medieval houses you can still buy thru the DS catalogue - are those Steck or not? I agree with most of what Giorginetto said, even though he might've been a bit harsh regarding this particular castle. It's certainly better than the one that preceded it. As for the klickies, I too have had enough of all that printing on the body and the face. Too much. Soon they're gonna start printing the hair on a round head to save on plastic  ::)
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2010, 14:10:27 »
You know the red/blue/yellow medieval houses you can still buy thru the DS catalogue - are those Steck or not?

100% . I have blue, red, yellow, green and white. The best colours playmobil ever made in buildings was in these steck hosues . very good quality

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2010, 15:01:48 »
Playmobil sets are getting worse and worse

yes !!!!!!! :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup:

keep playing the same tape george and your dream will come true how the song says......" And I dreamed your dream for you and now your dream is real " (dire strait's romeo and juliet . epic song  :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:)

keep that signature as well 

:hissyfit: Bring back Steck and Nuremberg Guards:hissyfit:

it seems desperate but i love it  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2010, 04:12:48 »
"why the new castles don't have a house ?"

This was exactly my claim, when I first saw these castles in the catalogue, a few months ago (you can search the thread, it's there.

I am not so sure the problem is with not being steck. Maybe if it were a miniature castle as good as steck, it -- I hope I won't be crucified :P -- wouldn't need to be steck (...). (Just a thought.)

The fact of the matter, inmyopinion, is that they never produced good coherent buildings as the steck ones are, which happen to serve both children and adults. (Not only in the reality, but in the possibility of some extent of (puzzle/lego) building as well. If they did produce good realistic System X castles, would we still need Steck? ... YES! (of course we would! :hmm: I would! ::) ), but we'd have _both_! :) : "classic series" (Steck) & "new" (whatever ...).

But that's one (humble 0) ) thought ...

:wave:

Gus
:blackhair:

[last edit: references]

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=4058.msg50127#msg50127
"Castle without house"

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=4058.msg50143#msg50143
"System X : why?!, damn it!"

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=4058.msg50449#msg50449
"Kenc's view" (good)

:wave:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 07:43:53 by Gustavo »
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 07:51:42 »
Probably they want their toys more kid-oriented (conflicting am I? Toys are designed for kids) Maybe the kids can more easily put their hands into the building, and therefore the new approach, not just the design, is adopted. But after all, I think the older castles, even the blue and yellow lion one, look more realistic.

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 07:43:48 »
Probably they want their toys more kid-oriented (conflicting am I? Toys are designed for kids) Maybe the kids can more easily put their hands into the building, and therefore the new approach, not just the design, is adopted. But after all, I think the older castles, even the blue and yellow lion one, look more realistic.

There you have a point Heronimus! Getting your hands inside those houses when they're crammed with furniture is so hard, especially for an adult. I remember when I was trying to shoot a short story for my son and this broomstick wouldn't stay upright against the cupboard I'd set it. I had to remove all my foreground accessories to get it back up!

Maybe the houses are just not big enough?
Life in the so called space age...