Author Topic: Novelties first half 2024  (Read 5568 times)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Novelties first half 2024
« on: September 05, 2023, 21:22:16 »
Pictures from the trade catalogue have just been posted at Klickywelt, with the explicit warning not to share. So go there and enjoy. There is some nice stuff to be seen: 50th birthday figure, Asterix Roman camp, etc.

https://klickywelt.de/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=79335

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Novelties first half 2024
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 22:27:52 »
For their big 50th anniversary year I am underwhelmed. The anniversary figure is fine, a rehash really of the 35th one. Most of the series are just continuations of what we have been seeing but sticking to lower price points. Novelmore has dropped their plans and is just rehashed regular stuff without a theme of the different lands. Dino-Rise is gone which is fine, they have other dinosaurs still. One new fossil dino species, and new jellyfish with the mermaids. No Wiltopia at all in the first half, though there are more Bio-Farm and Horses of Waterfall sets.
My guess is, if there are going to be nostalgia sets referring to the past they will be in the add-ons catalog. Second half year will hopefully be better. Their reorganization and losses at the top of management are showing. Just more rehashing of existing molds and a lack of creativity.

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 07:50:24 »
Under Series 25, there is some sort of shaman type figure. I like it 8-) He also appears to have a wife in the series too. She's holding a young lamb or fawn.  And there's a female Inca 8} But no Victorian era figures. No decent soldiers to go with the new pirates :-\

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 07:58:32 »
For their big 50th anniversary year I am underwhelmed. The anniversary figure is fine, a rehash really of the 35th one. Most of the series are just continuations of what we have been seeing but sticking to lower price points. Novelmore has dropped their plans and is just rehashed regular stuff without a theme of the different lands. Dino-Rise is gone which is fine, they have other dinosaurs still. One new fossil dino species, and new jellyfish with the mermaids. No Wiltopia at all in the first half, though there are more Bio-Farm and Horses of Waterfall sets.
My guess is, if there are going to be nostalgia sets referring to the past they will be in the add-ons catalog. Second half year will hopefully be better. Their reorganization and losses at the top of management are showing. Just more rehashing of existing molds and a lack of creativity.

I agree, Tim, an unimaginative mish-mash, not so much a celebration feast as a rather funereal snack.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2023, 08:42:35 »
Thanks for posting this, StJohn.
I hope and expect there will be more 50th anniversary offerings.
Another shiny Knight!
12 more Naruto figures.
Miraculous licensed figures (see here if like me you haven't heard of this French animated series before).
More Asterix sets.

Hopefully we will get a more complete picture soon...
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2023, 14:50:17 »
The tiny house is cute

71475 (the kids basketball court) has a female carpenter in traditional German dress, which is cool - slightly weird to bundle it in with a bigger set (or smart maybe :lol: )

Nothing unexpected all round. At least the colours are nicely muted

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2023, 20:12:18 »
So, they DO know about the 50th.. but why is the knight almost the same?! :(

Anyways, my wallet is having fits.

Thank you for posting, StJohn (the wallet is cursing you, of course... but that's normal.)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2023, 00:07:16 »
New klickys with spider and octopus legs in the pirate sets - okay.

Kahboom's cart is really silly but the pieces themselves are useful except the novelty hammer which belongs with clowns.

Also the duopack with heavily armed swat police and burglar with crowbar seems overkill. Not sure what they were thinking there.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2023, 00:09:23 »
Under Series 25, there is some sort of shaman type figure. I like it 8-) He also appears to have a wife in the series too.
Well spotted. I guess Finnish, Lapp maybe? As the woman has a baby faun or similar I'm guessing they're supposed to be reindeer herders.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2023, 04:04:56 »
I like the Brunnhilde fi?ure! Another unexplored source of klickies - famous opera characters! :D

The shaman and lady shaman look v. interesting  :lens:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: