Author Topic: 4878 Robo Gang Truck combined with the 4320 RC module and 4879 Spy Camera  (Read 11629 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Well, I could not resist for some reason... maybe because I never had a RC car as a kid... So i went ahead and ...

I have to admit, I never intended of getting this vehicle, but I guess I love playmobil too much, and also I was curious to see that all the fuss is about...

From the box pics, this looks more like a Transformer truck or a Cobra (as in GI Joe vs Cobra) vehicle, and I have a feeling Playmobil had Cobra in their mind when creating these Robo Gangsters...

anyway, lets get started...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 19:55:16 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
First and foremost... those dreaded wheels and tires again  ::)...

second, the vehicle is supposedly carrying a satellite of some kind which has a new coloured flame ... although it falls easily from the exchaust so I had to replace it with one of the roman catapult flames...

perhaps the worts feature of the truck is this missile launcher on the door... one on each side... it is too much GI Joe like, as in later years GI Joe toys used this type of launchers to be fired with the snap and tip of a persons' finger...  ::)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 19:55:44 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
The truck itself... in isometric views...

I has a brute appearance which I really like in a vehicle like that, and I am sure a kid between the ages of 7 to 12 will be thrilled with it... also an adult who is crazy about pick up trucks  :P

The wavy designs add a nice charactert to it...

and we have the slidding compartment with the satellite...

the satellite itself gives the opportunity to reaquaint ourselves with some of the old space parts....

« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 19:56:02 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
the klickies...

:-\ I am not really sure what to think of them...

but the female, has an interesting hood around the neck that might be interesting to many people... the baseball helmet though is not appropriate in this case... and the hair is lovely  :love:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Finally, the doors open upwards... thats a nice touch, me thinks...

and ready for (evil) action  ;D

So there you have it.. the future of playmobil desing... good to attract older kids and it probably is as I see many shelves in toystores getting empty off these, but not very attractive to the adult collector.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
i don't know... i think it would look pretty good without the designs all over it... and I have recently found a way to get rid of screen printing without... its fabulous :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 19:56:39 by Wolf Knight »
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Ok I'll move on to the camera set...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
I like the way its packed, makes it more safe..

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
You'll need a screwdriver to take the screws off...

and you need to place four AA batteries in the screen module and two in the AAA in the camera...

and we are ready to ''look and see''  ;D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Now for the RC module:

Remove the bottom lid of the vehicle, build the parts of the module and get ready to place it on the chasis

oh you'll need four AA batteris for that  ;D

Just be careful to place the antenna correctly,

and place the module in the chasis...