Author Topic: Giorginettos Medieval Collection  (Read 158048 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: Giorginettos Medieval Collection
« Reply #940 on: September 23, 2018, 20:25:30 »
Also just for defensive reasons I wouldn't think windows - and therefore more light - would be a thing you want on ground floors.

Definitely and entrances to keeps (donjon) were often higher up to make it harder to smash the door in. Playmobil keeps do this well. You have to go up stairs to get to the living areas.

I think the curtain wall height will depend on the footprint of the castle. If it's large then two walls high should be used. I assume lots of klickies will be used in this so higher walls will stand out better.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #941 on: September 24, 2018, 11:27:48 »
One of the things about going two high is that then you will likely feel the need to go higher on the castle as well. I often feel like the ground floor of my bigger Steck constructions is almost wasted space. It feels like a basement rather than part of the main living areas somehow. Some of that is because I don't put windows on the ground floor usually, so that's certainly a factor. (most of my castles are at the North Pole and I am concerned about snow drifts so don't put windows on the ground level) Also just for defensive reasons I wouldn't think windows - and therefore more light - would be a thing you want on ground floors.
Two high walls do seem more forbidding of course.
On the other hand a certain open quality is nice for the viewer who is looking at your diorama and big walls can get in the way of that.
Don't know if I have been much help, but those are my initial thoughts. A general vague vote int he direction of single high walls I guess.
Nice to see you posting again George!

thanks for the view and thoughts Tim. As much as I like the 2 level steck walls which do look quite impressive especially with all the 3666 banners on them ( I have over 30 on my current set up ) the single level will allow a much bigger foot print ( god knows how  I will access the centre , I need to learn to fly somehow ... :P) , if someone bothers to look at a very early diorama in my website you will understand. I want to make a complex design of inner walls as well now that I have 4 wayers and two level most certainly hide and make it almost impossible as you say Tim.... I might go crazy on Iseroths living quarters though , its already 6 storey and with the 4 wayers I will double the width ( aleluja) and probably add a couple more levels there !!!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #942 on: August 08, 2019, 09:29:29 »
... there is work in progress for the new set up. Pictures to follow soonish....  :wave:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline PlaymoFrankJon

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #943 on: August 08, 2019, 20:47:41 »
Looking forward to it!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #944 on: January 04, 2020, 23:23:41 »
Works currenly on hold but watch this space in 2020.... double the size coming up !!!!

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #945 on: February 13, 2021, 03:30:00 »
The first picture for this thread is very impressive. Your collection is absolutely massive! What are those blackened medieval houses? Also, if you don’t mind explaining, how did you enclose your ramparts so that there are battlements on either side of the rampart walkways? (left walled side of the forts photo)...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #946 on: February 15, 2021, 18:39:04 »
The first picture for this thread is very impressive. Your collection is absolutely massive! What are those blackened medieval houses? Also, if you don’t mind explaining, how did you enclose your ramparts so that there are battlements on either side of the rampart walkways? (left walled side of the forts photo)...

Thanks so much for your kind words !!!!  :-[ :-[ , cant believe it was all set up over  10 years ago.... the middle wall with battlements is my favorite, in fact when i set up my next steck medieval diorama with all of my steck ( over 60 houses and more walls) i dont plan to go two level up but keep all the walls in one level but with battlements on both sides most likely as in the said middle wall in my diorama separating the troops garrison and kings quarters from the city.  These walls look amazing with the original steck gates with red stripes as well. LOVE STECK  :prays: :prays:

Cant wait to use the 4 wayers as well  , i have like 30 or 40  of them iirc , they give a whole new meaning to complex steck designs , next time  the kings quarters will have twice the depth and look monumental.

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #947 on: February 16, 2021, 00:35:51 »
Thank you for posting again about “layer up walls” I was just about to respond to the last post where you mentioned such. Please do explain what you are talking about. You mentioned that one layer up was the most realistic in a different thread and now you are talking about wanting to go four layer up. Your work is definitely an inspiration for me and one day when I have enough playmobil, I would like to have a better understanding concerning some of these artistic endeavors. Any and all help with wall work would be greatly appreciated...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #948 on: February 17, 2021, 14:58:17 »
Thank you for posting again about “layer up walls” I was just about to respond to the last post where you mentioned such. Please do explain what you are talking about. You mentioned that one layer up was the most realistic in a different thread and now you are talking about wanting to go four layer up. Your work is definitely an inspiration for me and one day when I have enough playmobil, I would like to have a better understanding concerning some of these artistic endeavors. Any and all help with wall work would be greatly appreciated...

One level up and use of the 4 way connectors , I was dreaming for 4 wat steck connectors for decades and our dreams came true some years back. they allow connections to all 4 corners a must have for more complex steck buildings !!!! cant wait !!!!

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #949 on: February 18, 2021, 00:12:46 »
Interesting, I found the four way connector, but I’m struggling with the realization of what forms of buildings or ideas that can be sprung from such a piece. I have no doubt there are many fun creations- I just can’t seem to think of what great mysteries this solves. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, would love to expand my mind. Also, the “level up” wall differences remain an elusive and confusing subject for me. Apologies, I’m still learning...