Author Topic: Possible Steck custom  (Read 3220 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Possible Steck custom
« on: March 26, 2007, 21:46:25 »
I was sorting through my Steck stuff setting aside bits I'm wanting to get rid of when I was diverted to the stuff I was keeping and came up with the custom in the photo.  It needs the end wall open frame filled in with plastic sheet and I'll put some brown painted strips on it to represent the wood frame.  The other end which you can't see is two of the small open frames joined with a stone double connector; these will be filled in to.  I reckoned at that end, as it takes some of the weight of the roof on the single storey section, the use of stone and smaller wood and plaster sections made sound building sense.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
Re: Possible Steck custom
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 07:31:10 »
That makes very good building sense i think.
I saw on the playmoliver site a "how to" make your own medieval house, you might want to check that out to get an idea how they did in those times.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 21:49:43 »
I came up with an alternative configuration which seemed better, having the second storey on the ground floor living quarters. 

Also thought I'd experiment with a chimney.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 00:40:49 »
Thanks Rob.  I was thinking that another single storey house element added to the end of the stable section might make it look quite like an old coaching inn.

I'll give it a try.

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 10:52:21 »
oooh your chimney is in need of repairs ;)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 15:26:42 »

Looks like you're having a lot of fun, Gordon ... ;)

I love my Playmobil Steck-System! There are so many construction possibilities!

Thanks for sharing your good time ... :)

All the best,
Richard