Author Topic: 2009 new firemen  (Read 9334 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 2009 new firemen
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 14:48:28 »
I hope you are right Gordon about that Print . It looks out of place . If it is going to be on them i at least hope it is easy to remove while retaining the orange .

If not, then it's out with the orange Dymotape or pinstriping from the custom car shop.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 16:21:37 »
If not, then it's out with the orange Dymotape or pinstriping from the custom car shop.

It looks really out of place, and I don't think you can remove the name and leave the orange - hopefully this is just for the display and not the production figure.

Luckily I stocked up on all the firemen, women and vehicles I need (far too many actually  :lol: ) last year, so no need for me to dip into the latest offerings at all.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2009, 16:26:31 »
It looks really out of place, and I don't think you can remove the name and leave the orange - hopefully this is just for the display and not the production figure.

Luckily I stocked up on all the firemen, women and vehicles I need (far too many actually  :lol: ) last year, so no need for me to dip into the latest offerings at all.
I'm sure you're right - if you wipe off the name then you wipe off the orange.

I felt there was no need for me to dip into the latest offerings, other than for new equipment such as the ventilator unit etc, but then again... However, the new fire engines are a fair bit bigger than the old ones and this has implications, not only for storage space but also as regards size of vehicle vis-a-vis size of buildings.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline pingo

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2009, 16:31:04 »
I am using HandySnap to get the pictures :)
www.wisepixel.com

« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 16:43:03 by pingo »
I'm just not into baby blue cars

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 16:35:49 »
Thank you for that, pingo, and the extra photos.

I like the fire alarm in the last photo; I may well have to buy the fire station if it isn't too expensive when it gets over here.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2009, 07:35:56 »
I haven't yet worked out how to save 3D images, so I can't show them.

On MS Windows it's quite easy: press the "Print" button on your keyboard and a snapshot of your complete screen/desktop is transfered into the MS Windows clipboard (with everything that is currently visible). Then just start a painting program (e.g. Paint, Photoshop, GIMP or any other) and insert the clipboard content to it (e.g. with Ctrl-V, but this depends on the imaging software). The you can cut/crop the image from the screensnapshot with built-in function of your imaging software. This works with any content visible on the screen.

As hint you also can use "Alt-Print" for creating a snapshot - this will transfer only the active window to the clipboard (in case you just want a snapshot of the complete current window).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2009, 09:51:38 »
Thanks, Jochen, that's a great help.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2009, 08:13:20 »
Thanks, Jochen, that's a great help.

Your're welcome  :)