Author Topic: 4774 "TAKE-ALONG"  (Read 10793 times)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: 4774 "TAKE-ALONG"
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 01:23:56 »
Yes, thank you Richard for the review. I have been passing this up in favor of more 4444 sets but I could see using this as a gate to a rock fortress.

My local Target stores have reconfigured their toy departments for Christmas and the space allocated to Playmobil has been severely cut, the persons in charge of the departments said they will be carrying less Playmobil than in the past so I think I need to get while the getting is good or at least okay.

Gepetto

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 09:37:52 »
Thanks for the review, Richard.

Even though I am still not much interested in this particular tower; I am much inclined to buy the green knights tower that should be released as well.
Thanks to your review of this set.

mmm... perhaps I shouldn't thank you then  :-\ :lol: :love:

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 16:35:11 »

It is really quite easy to take apart .

How easy is it, Ras?

If you go look at my 4475 review i took it apart in a few seconds ...

Ras, would you please show us in detail (I'm a bit dim at times) exactly how you took it apart?

I think i also figured out how you got 2500 posts
  :P

Hmmm ...  :hmm:

PS: thanks for a review of the set . I have been passing this one up a lot lately. I guess the figures were not that interesting to me but now that i see your point i may get it just for displays with the older fort walls .

You're very welcome, Ras.

IMO, this is one of those few sets that actually look better "out of the box" ...  :klickygrin:

All the best,
Richard

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 16:39:47 »

Yes, thank you Richard for the review. I have been passing this up in favor of more 4444 sets but I could see using this as a gate to a rock fortress.

You're welcome, Gepetto.

My local Target stores have reconfigured their toy departments for Christmas and the space allocated to Playmobil has been severely cut, the persons in charge of the departments said they will be carrying less Playmobil than in the past so I think I need to get while the getting is good or at least okay.

That's disturbing news, Gepetto ...  :sadklicky:

Let's hope that this is an isolated situation with only one (or two) Target stores.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 16:42:59 »

Thanks for the review, Richard.

Even though I am still not much interested in this particular tower; I am much inclined to buy the green knights tower that should be released as well.
Thanks to your review of this set.

mmm... perhaps I shouldn't thank you then 
:-\ :lol: :love:

No problem, Bogro ... Here's your "thanks" back ...   :*)   ...  ;D

All the best,
Richard

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 18:41:24 »

How easy is it, Ras?

Ras, would you please show us in detail (I'm a bit dim at times) exactly how you took it apart?

Hmmm ...  :hmm:

Here you go http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=2555.msg28901#msg28901
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 01:47:19 »

Hm ... I like the door. Only, I have a lot of things to buy before. But it's a nice set.
I'll get one, if I can ...

Thx 4 sharing, Rich! :)

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 01:58:55 »
. . . . My local Target stores have reconfigured their toy departments for Christmas and the space allocated to Playmobil has been severely cut, the persons in charge of the departments said they will be carrying less Playmobil than in the past so I think I need to get while the getting is good or at least okay. . .

. . . . That's disturbing news, Gepetto ...  :sadklicky:

Let's hope that this is an isolated situation with only one (or two) Target stores. . . .

Unfortunately, Gepetto's observation holds true for Target stores in the Boston area, too.  In previous years, Playmobil shared one side of an aisle with Lego.  Now Lego fills that space completely and Playmobil has been moved to an area for younger kids' toys where it occupies less shelf space than before.   :'(

On the other hand, Toysrus has more Playmo on the shelves than they have had for a few years.   ???

- Anne
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 02:19:11 »

Unfortunately, Gepetto's observation holds true for Target stores in the Boston area, too.  In previous years, Playmobil shared one side of an aisle with Lego.  Now Lego fills that space completely and Playmobil has been moved to an area for younger kids' toys where it occupies less shelf space than before.   :'(

Hmmm ...  ^-^  That's exactly what I've also noticed here at the Target stores in Fort Lauderdale, Anne ...  :sadklicky:

On the other hand, Toysrus has more Playmo on the shelves than they have had for a few years.   ???

I'll have to check out TRU on Monday.

How is everything in the Boston area with Tropical Storm Hannah? Hopefully, you're not having any problems where you are, Anne.

All the best and stay dry,
Richard

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 07:52:31 »

- Anne

That's exactly what has happened at my local Target.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: