Author Topic: US Event  (Read 4199 times)

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
Re: US Event
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 19:57:43 »
Another idea to add to the excitement for visitors, perhaps a giant screen showing a looped slideshow of some of the creative dioramas from those that cannot attend, at the moment, I am thinking of Skywalker and his wonderful Eulenberg, City of Hope, or Emma J and all of her pirate ships, Victorian houses, some of the countless giant armies that we have seen (or heard about)  Tricornejock's recent space shuttle, the jousting tournaments and their stories behind the stories, Giorginetto's  gargantuan castle, some of these incredible train set-ups from Walts trains, or the customs from Macguyver, and of course all of the firefighter stories from Bill and Gordon and others, or the Roman village from Vauban, and the list could go on and on.  Several of our members are computer geniuses in the real working world, maybe they could help you set up a program that could be run.  When we go to medical conferences everyone makes those posters of their research and that is another way, but those are costly to make, ship and return, whereas a slide show would be exciting.  The other reason this could be a good addition is that it will give the American public a chance to see the incredible collections that some of our European friends have, Blader11 on TJ comes to mind with his very creative dioramas,  as he recently showed a beautiful diorama of China, ( can't post the link, as I did not ask him first.)

Just a thought.  I hope I didn't offend anyone by listing those that I did, as I am sure I have forgotten so many of the great customizers, especially some that have been quieter on PF lately.

kaethe

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 20:14:06 »
That's a great idea Kaethe! It would be fun to compile those pics, all with permission of course, and perhaps even credit, a name in the bottom corner....  :!: Wonderful idea!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2011, 20:44:40 »
Absolutely.  If this slideshow were to become reality, I think each slide should have the person's Avatar name in the corner, or a link to their website, as they have done all fo the work, and we are only giving them a venue to share it with a few more folks.  In fact, we should compile a poster to put near the slideshow with contributor info so people could look up their websites, if the contributor wanted that, if not, just their avatar name.

kaethe

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2011, 20:51:14 »
And once this slideshow was made, anyone who wanted could get a copy (for a price for the compiler's trouble of course). Anyone good at this kind of thing here? I don't have the know-how for this type of thing.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2011, 21:02:21 »
Yes, and it could be edited, and additions could be made.  It could be as simple as a basic powerpoint presentation, but I suspect some of our playmofriends could create a better program. 

or...

Sylvia, could it be linked to PF and with "permission" be downloaded?  "Permission" being a contribution to the cause? 

Either way, I think it would be a great way to introduce people in the states to the world of Playmobil, as they have never imagined it and the incredible collections and creations that are out there, especially in Europe.
k

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2011, 21:41:19 »
Your ideas about a slide show on a screen sound great if we can get someone to do it. They would need to know how to get the proper permissions.
I guess the first issue is where to do a small show. Maybe y'all can figure this out because you know where most active members live and who is in what area. I have no idea where folks live, and who is interested.
Thanks, Pgal ;)
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2011, 21:52:14 »
Well, this one that we're currently talking about is on the east coast. something around the NC or SC is perfect, really. WoT was talking about one possible place in NC. There's a pretty big concentration of members in that area.

Since the US is so big, and doing a diorama requires that you drive in order to bring your playmobil with you, doing one event for everyone is pretty much impossible. There's been some even more preliminary discussion of something on the west coast as well. There are a LOT of members in california, as well as some in washington and oregon.

So hopefully we are looking eventually at having two different US events, on opposite coasts. The one I'm interested in attending is the east coast; that's closer for me.

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2011, 23:45:18 »
BB: I agree. Two events sound good...one on each coast.
Cheers, Pgal
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 07:37:05 »
 :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:.. bets excuse to visit again the lovely USA , i have only been to the east coast , loved it  :love: :love: :love: :love:

:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: