Author Topic: little wooden boxes  (Read 7981 times)

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Re: little wooden boxes
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 22:15:06 »
Er... I think Mr. G may have given you the impression that I actually constructed them? Or am I wrong? ;)

David bought the boxes ready-made, most likely in a craft shop or somewhere similar. All I did was design a label using Paint Shop Pro (PSP) that could be printed out and stuck to the top. ;D

I do love doing this kind of thing because it stretches my abilities with using PSP. For instance, I only worked out how to curve text while making these labels. Before that I hadn't a clue how it was done. :P

No, I figured the boxes were purchased as I've seen them at craft stores. I'm a novice to klicky customizing and computer graphics but I do a lot of what is known generically as "paper arts" (and have for some time)...I love unique papers, making paper, creating photo albums with unique paper layouts rather than just the photos on a page, decoupage, and the past year or two I've been expanding out into making "altered art" (mostly books and some assemblage) and AECO art cards (but now I'm way off topic...I'll post some links for anyone intersted.) I was just thinking how computer generated graphics can be treated to give them an antiqued or aged look (as can wood).  The boxes could even be lined in velvet for a very special gift look. But of course they are stunning as it! It will be some time before I can seriously delve into computer graphics but I am moving toward 3D with both assemblage and customizing klickies. I even have an idea for combining these creative forms.

So much to learn and so little brain! :D   ::)

Sorry if I'm off topic here Guarrenzino. :)

Altered Art/Books AECO sites:

Examples of Altered Books aka Reverse Vandalism

Artist Trading Cards/AECO

Some Very Nice Pages 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 22:21:09 by Psyche »
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 04:53:56 »
I am the lucky person in Wisconsin with my own unique soldier.
Also that I had ancestors who fought in the war

I told David how much I had admired the soldiers that had been sold on Ebay.
and then He and I made a deal, which I have yet to honor

Sylvia thank you so very much for making my box, too

I had no idea that mine was unique.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 20:39:49 »
For more than two years, David produced a new Playmobil figure (or figures) every month (or so) for the Garden Wargaming website. Surely there must be one or two Playmofriends who have never visited GW ... :)

In the unlikely event that anyone might have never even heard of the David Hamer Pages at GW, we offer an easy link ...

TIP: When you get there, scroll down and click on each month.

Just click on the image below for a rare treat.

BTW ... If anyone finds a "broken link" please let me know! Thanks!

All the best,
Richard

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 18:18:11 »
There is so much there, I will have to keep visiting it to give each figure its due.

Its easy to be overwhelmed by such talent.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 20:54:40 »

That was a very nice compliment, Meg! But, there'll be no living with David now ... It'll take months for Sylvia and I to get him back down to earth ... ;)

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 08:53:00 »

Thankyou for the compliment. Meg :*) 

Richard, Sylvia, Have no fear, I shall remain my quiet , modest self. 0)