Author Topic: Dismantling Swimsuit Klickys  (Read 73568 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Dismantling Swimsuit Klickys
« on: March 02, 2011, 04:38:47 »
I have just successfully dismantled one of the new design swimsuit klickys for the first time, so I thought I would show how I did it, and what they look like inside. First, here is a pic of the original, with hair removed, since I will be taking pliers to her head!  :0

I wrapped her head in a towel in an attempt to avoid scratching it, and, holding her body in one hand, pulled her head off with the pliers. I found I had to pull slightly towards the back, rather than straight up, to get it to come off.

And here is the result. Unfortunately, I did scratch her face some, so I recommend extreme caution with the pliers.

And here is another picture of the internal structure.

You'll notice that the head and arm designs are exactly the same as normal klickys, so they can be easily changed out. I put a new face on mine, but I forgot to take an after pic.  :-[ Anyway, hope this was helpful!  :wave:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Dismantling Swimsuit Klickys
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 06:58:41 »
Thank you for this ''inside'' look Bonnie!

Try a pincers next time, and make sure they are not too sharp to damage the neck, squeeze gently, keep steady and pull... (actually my deltoid is hurting from all the pulling..  :lol:)

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 10:58:15 »
Bonnie, try the rubber band, I bet it will work just as good as with the regular klickies. And no danger of scratching the head.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 13:19:13 »
I've tried the rubber band many times, and never can get it to work.  :-\ Maybe I'll try it again on these.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 13:49:13 »
I do the following: remove the hair, turn the head all the way to one side and then wrap a WIDE rubber band tightly around the neck, and then try to turn and at the same time pull out the head. I always cut the rubber band so that when I wind it around the klicky's neck it wraps around very tightly. When the rubber band is tightly in place, to pull out the head I also wrap a cloth around the head so that I can have a firmer grip. Sometimes it takes two rubber bands, but eventually the head comes out. When the klicky has some shoulder piece it's a bit harder, but when there isn't anything in the way it's a snap.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 15:08:53 »
Thank you for showing how these new Klicky's & Klacky's are designed, bb! :high5: Try using pieces of thick rubber hose on the ends of needle nosed pliers to prevent damage next time.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 15:10:52 »
That's a good suggestion! I was thinking of using something rubber as padding last night, but I couldn't seem to put my hands on anything in all the chaos.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 17:19:02 »
omg thanks for the tutorial! i need to try this myself :)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 18:18:20 »
I have read 100 times about the rubber band technic.... but I just don't get it. sorry. It takes strenght to dismantle the clicky, I can't understand how a rubber band just does it  >:( >:( >:(
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 18:21:26 »
I'll back up Gaston in this! My sentiment exactly...