Author Topic: playmo-hairs  (Read 3770 times)

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
playmo-hairs
« on: April 24, 2006, 15:55:56 »
Hi,

ok we start the discuss at playmo-portal !
playmo-portal playmohairs

So Bennain had start a little bit at 2005 !
Bennain Thread

Svea tell me from a Version at playmoboard at 2004 from Luis here:
Luis thread

i think to start a new one !
But first we need a standart !
What do you think about the front and backside view ??

Write what you think !

gentle greets

Andi

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: playmo-hairs
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 16:08:39 »
I think the front and rear views are the best in general, although there may be cases where a side view would also be useful if a particular piece of hair was unusual.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 18:40:18 »
The only one where I think the side view is critical is the woman's "Princess Leia" hair.
It has little mounds on the side.

M

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 19:16:38 »
I remember Luis' catalogue of the different hair styles. He put a lot of time into it and even collected pics of each colour variant and referenced which set they came from. Very handy! :yup:

Socrates has also been providing helpful information to PF members by sharing part numbers for some of the wigs which he has discovered. :)

I like the idea of showing both the back and the front view of each wig. Great job so far, Andi! 8-)

What's left to catalogue after this and the beards? All the different leg/footwear styles perhaps? ;D ;)

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 20:59:16 »
Hi,

i think the hair project are more larger and time intensive than the head project.
So need for this more time for results !
we will see.........

I remember Luis' catalogue of the different hair styles. He put a lot of time into it and even collected pics of each colour variant and referenced which set they came from. Very handy! :yup:

Socrates has also been providing helpful information to PF members by sharing part numbers for some of the wigs which he has discovered. :)

I like the idea of showing both the back and the front view of each wig. Great job so far, Andi! 8-)

What's left to catalogue after this and the beards? All the different leg/footwear styles perhaps? ;D ;)

thx for the link very helpful,

Ok some future idea , i thought about a body project !!  ;D  :lol:

the time makes the result........

gentle greets

Andi

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 11:58:15 »
What about an approx. 45° side front and back view? Most hairs are more or less "symmetric", so I think it would be better to have a half-front and half-back view, so you do not need an additional third picture of each type.

What I think would also be very helpful is introducing a nomenclature for each type of hair (or just simple giving numbers or letters to them) which could be combined with color to reference a specific piece uniquely. If additionally this master plan of hair is "centrally" available somewhere in the Web there could be made references (in similiar way like currently into PlaymoDB or Collectobil) quite easily when somebody wants to describe a specific figure. (This is not only a suggestion for the hairs but also for beards, faces, etc.) BTW, if sparte part numbers are available for hairs (cf. socrates' list), these should also be listed below/beside the picture.