Author Topic: Some pictures of romans ( May 2007)  (Read 4569 times)

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
Re: Some pictures of romans ( May 2007)
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 13:14:21 »
Yeap but i need to think of a klicky or easy to make custom for this. need about 50 archers i guess, any ideas  ??? ??? ???

George, ideally I would go after klickies that used something that resembled the lorica hamata (= chain mail), like this:
For the belt I would use the shoulder strap that has two studs to hang a belt loop (#30 26 6250), one in front (for the gladio or dagger) and the other at the back (for the quiver). However, as I'm certain you are aware of, those klickies would be hard to find, but still easier to find then the klickies that PM uses for sagitarii:
I think he's wearing lorica squamata (= scale mail), which is accurate.

You could use klickies wearing lorica segmentata (= plate mail), that though not so historically accurate, are far easier to get then the two above:
The problem would be that again you would have to also get the belt or shoulder strap (#30 22 9540), and if you used the shoulder strap, you would have to remove the shoulder armor. For the belt you would have to use the same used on this klicky:
It uses a belt loop, however with only one stud for the quiver, he would not be able to carry a sword or dagger - inaccurate, as all legionnaires carried some kind of blade.

The problem of "making" a klicky is that you have to worry about getting the right torso, arms and legs, and of course the belts, so you would have to get a LOT of klickies to make just a few ones with the right combination. For instance, you could use the old #4632 with his lorica squamata, but then you would need the right belt or shoulder strap, different legs and arms and even the right helmet.

In face of all this, unfortunately, it's easier to just try to find the "regular" sagitari that PM uses ::).
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 17:32:02 »
Amazing formations!!! I stand in awe!!!

Now, do a turtle  ;D!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 19:34:27 »
Amazing formations!!! I stand in awe!!!

Now, do a turtle  ;D!!!

I have a pic somewhere of a 100 klicky testudo formation  but trying to find it, its back from 2007 and not sure if i have it on this PC
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: