Author Topic: Did anybody notice?  (Read 6568 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Re: Did anybody noticed?
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 16:47:47 »
@ Richard: Ah, yes, I think you are right. This must be the reason. Maybe, because they became more famous within the years, because as Matchboxluc pointed out in his last post, in their early days this was not the case  ;D

@ Matchboxluc: Thank you for showing this. Unfortunately I do not have that old flyers or catalogues. -- Are these white dots at the sets markers of sets you own, or sets you wish to get your hands on?  ;)

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
Re: Did anybody noticed?
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 17:11:40 »
@ Matchboxluc: Thank you for showing this. Unfortunately I do not have that old flyers or catalogues. -- Are these white dots at the sets markers of sets you own, or sets you wish to get your hands on?  ;)
I guess the dots could be used for both options, or they could be used to fill in the prices of those sets.
phantasy is in the mind, realisation is in my hands!

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Did anybody notice?
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 18:24:25 »
This is a very interesting observation. I never looked at it like this but the theory of the Klickies keeping eye-contact sounds pretty logical to me.
Cheers
Michael

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 23:08:53 »
Yes, pretty well spotted.

I too think it a rather modern way to make a commercial or message more inviting. Just like all commercials for clocks, they are all between 10:08 or 10:11.

Offline pastifi

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2006, 01:35:47 »
Just like all commercials for clocks, they are all between 10:08 or 10:11.
Never noticed that either, Why is that for Kvart?

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2006, 03:54:05 »
Well, for the clocks, if it is an analog clock, you want to be able to see both hands.

M

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2006, 13:51:58 »
Well, for the clocks, if it is an analog clock, you want to be able to see both hands.

Yes, you are right about that. But you could also have seen both of them it was 03:00, 16:55, 23:15, 01:45 and so on. So why always around 10:10?

I think there are several reasons:

1) It looks like a smile  :) The clock is smiling to you, happy, inviting you to buy it and take part in it's happy life  :D

2) Put your hands up in the air, put your hands together above your head, raise your hands in joy and happiness for this new clock  ;D Just like the analog clock is doing!

3) 10:10 is a good time of the day, not to late, you can still manage to do all you planned to. And if it's in the evening, well the evening is still young  ;) If it had been 11:55, five minutes to ghost-hour, or judgement-time in five minutes... Better with 10:10  :yup:

Offline pastifi

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2006, 21:45:17 »
 ??? never thought of that   and the 10:10 time ot  the day beeing not to early and not too late is a clever explanation
Thanks Kvart