Author Topic: Playmobil invests £25m in injection moulding kit  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil invests £25m in injection moulding kit
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 13:12:32 »
. . . As regards Indianna's suggestion that the comma is being used as decimal point (as is the case in Continental Europe), I don't think this is the case as a decimal point is used in the usual way in the currency figures.

Good point, Gordon!  I was so discombobulated with the idea of a 7 million pound machine that I couldn't think straight.   :-[ 
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 14:55:35 »
Interesting indeed.
But I think that more injection machines does not necesarily means more assortment, but just more production. (in numbers I mean)

Let's jump when we read about 30m euros investment in new molds!!  ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 15:20:39 »
Interesting indeed.
But I think that more injection machines does not necesarily means more assortment, but just more production. (in numbers I mean)

Let's jump when we read about 30m euros investment in new molds!!  ;D

On the contrary, If Geobra buys new machines and no new molds  that would mean that the new machines are using the old molds and that is good by me. Old molds = more classic parts and less clip system junk. I really do not see this as the case and I have a feeling they are also investing in new mold carving machines. This new technology is what is causing the price of molds to drop dramatically and that is causing or allowing Geobra to cycle the themes faster.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 21:16:17 »
Ship Hulls are only small compared with some of the items Geobra produce.
Across the road from the factory where they produce Playmobil in Germany they have another factory producing garden pots etc. One of the machines is in the Playmobil factory producing very large pots. The mould weighs 2 tonnes alone.
Some of the pots are produced in Playmobil size.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 02:48:29 »
On the contrary, If Geobra buys new machines and no new molds  that would mean that the new machines are using the old molds and that is good by me. Old molds = more classic parts and less clip system junk. I really do not see this as the case and I have a feeling they are also investing in new mold carving machines. This new technology is what is causing the price of molds to drop dramatically and that is causing or allowing Geobra to cycle the themes faster.

Even the rereleased old items (at least the bakery and the museum) are using different moulds than the original ones.  These are not the same old pieces.  The moulds have been either retooled or they have created anew. 

I have made a posting which I entitled 'Steck Identification Guide' and it outlines the differences in how the pieces have been changed over time.  I posted it on Laughing Giraffe but I should post it here as well.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 03:37:48 »
Even the rereleased old items (at least the bakery and the museum) are using different moulds than the original ones.  These are not the same old pieces.  The moulds have been either retooled or they have created anew. 

I have made a posting which I entitled 'Steck Identification Guide' and it outlines the differences in how the pieces have been changed over time.  I posted it on Laughing Giraffe but I should post it here as well.

It was more wishfull thinking more than anything :-[ More old parts that are interchangeable, stecks, systemX etc....

Yes please do post your findings
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Playmo_80

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 11:26:17 »
for information steel density is about 8T/cubic meter, so 3,200 T means 400 cubic meter, so the mold size could be 100mx2mx2m....So 3,2T is more realistic....

Playmo_80
Like electricity, Playmobil are essential for humanity