Author Topic: Best Sellers?  (Read 4786 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: Best Sellers?
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 23:29:10 »
Problem with the circus theme might be that its a one trick pony. You can't really use it for much else than circus performances.

It's beautifull, but it has a far more limited range of play possibilities compared to a house, castle or pirate ship for example.

My gues would be that the firemen theme is not a big seller either, again due to limited possibilities.

Historic themes probably depend on each batch.. Pirates are probably doing well in each batch, might be one of the most popular playmobil themes. I'd gues its outselling the medieval theme in recent years ever since medieval limits itself to just castles and soldiers.

With various ships, islands, rafts, hidden treasures, etc the pirate theme simply seems to have more possibilities these days.
My hopes arent too high for the newest cowboy batch though.. it lacks structures. Might have been good if they skipped the fort for once in favor of something else. Like a ranch, or train.

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 04:32:07 »
My toys r us has DOZENS of circus bigtops that have not sold, stacked up on shelves, overflowing into aisles besides the playmobil one. I take that as a bad sign. I don't know why, though. It's such a great set, and they had wonderful displays set up in the center aisles of this theme, with one set up in a showcase and all. I don't know why it didn't sell.

WOW! How much are those?

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 04:34:50 »
WOW! How much are those?

I'd have to check. When the old TRU was closing, they got down really cheap, like $30. :o
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 04:38:27 »
I'd have to check. When the old TRU was closing, they got down really cheap, like $30. :o

Cool! I found the Tightrope Artist for $2.50. The sad Clown keeps lingering on for $3.78.  ::)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 05:08:49 »
Omg Bonnie were the bigtop sets really that cheap? Eeek! If I'd been there I problably wouldve changed my mind about the theme!
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline ma1234

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 05:16:12 »
Circus is $67.98 at TRU right now.

Offline bootgypsy

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 13:52:24 »
Cool! I found the Tightrope Artist for $2.50. The sad Clown keeps lingering on for $3.78.  ::)

is that the clown with the flower that sprays water?? i think he's cute. if my store had him , i'd get him at that price!
i just bought the elephants and Tuesday Morning for $10
Cyndi ~ Alabama, USA

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 00:52:44 »
is that the clown with the flower that sprays water?? i think he's cute. if my store had him , i'd get him at that price!
i just bought the elephants and Tuesday Morning for $10

Yep, the Clown is 4238. I've seen him at several Tuesday Morning stores for $2.99 also.

Offline bootgypsy

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 02:12:07 »
Yep, the Clown is 4238. I've seen him at several Tuesday Morning stores for $2.99 also.

dang, i guess i better start stalking them then! :o
Cyndi ~ Alabama, USA