Author Topic: JLMatterer Photo Gallery  (Read 113005 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Re: JLMatterer Photo Gallery
« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2018, 20:41:19 »
Watched the video right after you put it up. It's a great shop with some older sets that have otherwise gone away. Hopefully they get enough turnover to keep the Playmobil section profitable. Do they do mail order at all?

Yes, they do. I've told him about this forum, & said he may get people contacting him, so I think it's all good. Don't go by their website - it has essentially nothing listed for sale. You can find them on Amazon but he has to charge extra for Amazon fees, so contacting the store would be cheaper.

There is apparently a lot of stuff still not put out - he said they just got in a BIG shipment.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
New Dinosaurs
« Reply #251 on: July 19, 2018, 15:47:54 »

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2018, 22:44:36 »

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #253 on: August 10, 2018, 01:27:46 »
I'm sure they're just having a friendly chat.  :**:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #254 on: August 10, 2018, 15:00:26 »
Great photos and a great setting for them.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #255 on: August 11, 2018, 10:06:10 »
I'm sure they're just having a friendly chat.  :**:

That Pteranodon is just having a friendly chat (a sort of snapchat actually) with that spotty lizard!

I love the setting, JLM, especially in the low angle shots. I think this is your favourite location for a PM shoot?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #256 on: August 13, 2018, 02:36:30 »
I love the setting, JLM, especially in the low angle shots. I think this is your favourite location for a PM shoot?

This is actually 2 different places, neither of which are the location you're probably referring to. :-) The 1st set is at McMahon Creek, south-west of where I live in Ohio, & the 2nd is at a rest stop next to the Ohio River in Fly, OH. (Yes, "Fly.") In the background of the pics with the T-Rex, the water is the Ohio River & the hillsides beyond are the state of West Virginia.

I think what you're remembering is Piedmont Lake, also in Ohio, & possibly aTappan Lake, nearby. Piedmont has become terribly overgrown & not so good for shots right now.

BTW re: the "kebab machete." The one you sent me (TX again!) was black, & I remember that the one I lost was silver, which my friend remembered as well. I checked the box & pics online, & the set is supposed to come with the black knife. I have to wonder if this was a one-time mistake or if the US shipment got silver blades?

Regardless, I prefer having the black one, so it was a lucky loss for me. :-)

I think I have a couple of questions for you, so please expect a PM at one pont. TX again....  :wave:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #257 on: August 16, 2018, 21:22:06 »
Yes, my knowledge of US geography is probably off a bit (you have TWO Washingtons?). That or I wasn't really paying attention. :-[

Fire away with questions, happy to help!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2018, 06:45:07 »
(you have TWO Washingtons?).

*ahem* The plural is actually "Washingta".  8-)

re: kebab blade, pretty sure mine is black but I can't seem to find the little guy right now, when I do I'll confirm.

"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #259 on: September 20, 2018, 22:53:22 »