Author Topic: playmobil vs. clothespins  (Read 3164 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: playmobil vs. clothespins
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 03:24:03 »
Elaine, that doll is actually very cute! I like her very much. Maybe we do need a forum on them!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 08:55:49 »
:) i recently discovered this image of an american playmo-add from 1977.
 :hmm: do you think this clothespins were also available in europe back then.
 :hmm: could it be that they were the inspiraton behind hans beck's initial design?

The idea of making figures from clothes pins or clothes pegs goes back to at least the late 19th century, so if they did influence Hans Beck (and as someone who made toys from wood he was probably familiar with the idea) it was long before the American Clothespins appeared.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 13:20:56 »

The idea of making figures from clothes pins or clothes pegs goes back to at least the late 19th century, so if they did influence Hans Beck (and as someone who made toys from wood he was probably familiar with the idea) it was long before the American Clothespins appeared.
I agree totally with Gordon. 

This is probably OT, but this thread takes me back to "Ding Dong School" with Miss Frances.  She had a TV show back in the 50's.  She always showed how to make simple toys.  Many of my favorite "toys" were homemade with things that were easily found around the house.  I had a great time with a pilot I made out of a clothes pin.  He had a parachute made out of a linen handkerchief.  I got a lot of exercise throwing him up in the air and then running to catch him before he hit the ground.   :love:
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 13:56:19 »
I have a small collection of corn-husk dolls, one of which I made myself. They're really cute. :love: I also had paper dolls as a kid. Sometimes the simplest toys are great. Kids used to play with a corn cob wrapped in a blanket as a baby doll. And then of course, there are always rag dolls.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 20:26:47 »

Imagine us collecting clothespins... :hmm:

God.....

:lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: