Author Topic: Collectors meeting 25-05-2024  (Read 2415 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Collectors meeting 25-05-2024
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2023, 19:09:38 »
If you're flying in over Munich (where I live), then we could proceed as you suggest. Sounds like fun! If not, we can organize something different. The meeting is going to be my treat for 2024 <:>

As a Playmobil fan, you MUST also visit Nuremburg, because that is exactly the example from which Steck and the entire medieval Klicky world of the seventies got to look as it does.

edit: my 1000th post - I got the be a MASTER :banana:

Well, no direct flights to Nuremberg - so, Munich is an option... or Frankfurt.

I did the PCC Nuremberg Tour, but it would be great to do another with fellow playmofriends :)

If this is possible, we should figure out details, BEFORE buying flights/hotel....

I looked at the trains site,  and it doesn't seem very doable to go to Speyer alone by train (keep in mind I have a PERFECT sense of misdirection :-[ )

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2023, 04:37:23 »
At this point I have decided to aim for LuxPlaymoDays which will probably be in August. I don't think the date has been finalized yet. It's the biggest collector show with pretty good international attendance. I will plan on then going to Nuremberg and Zirndorf for the Funpark. Other plans haven't really been figured out yet. Hopefully I can meet up with at least some collectors at the show and maybe even find a companion or two for the Funpark trip.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2023, 11:59:21 »
At this point I have decided to aim for LuxPlaymoDays which will probably be in August. I don't think the date has been finalized yet. It's the biggest collector show with pretty good international attendance. I will plan on then going to Nuremberg and Zirndorf for the Funpark. Other plans haven't really been figured out yet. Hopefully I can meet up with at least some collectors at the show and maybe even find a companion or two for the Funpark trip.

That's good to know, I'm going to try to make it to LuxPlaymoDays too  :D

@StJohn: Congratulations, Master  ;D

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2024, 11:21:31 »
I looked at the trains site,  and it doesn't seem very doable to go to Speyer alone by train

Speyer (which is great place to visit in it's own right) is on the Rhine and quite far away from Franconia (where Zirndorf, Nuremberg, and Bamberg are). I don't think that I want to visit all these places in one trip. I'll set off from Munich to the event in Zirndorf, will probably stay the night in Nuremberg, and perhaps include a visit to Bamberg, but that's it, so will return to Munich on the second day.

I imagine that you want to visit the Oliver Schaffer exhibition in Speyer? Sounds like fun, but I need to keep things brief, so I'm not going there. Joint travel to (and from?) Zirndorf is however definitely an option!

Things haven't yet progressed to the commit-and-pay phase at KW yet. That should happen soon, I guess.

:wave:

« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 11:46:43 by StJohn »

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2024, 11:43:39 »
Is that restricted to the altstadt or is there a lot of medieval remains elsewhere in the city? Speaking of which having a larger steck house based on Albrecht Durer's or similar historic buildings would surely be of interest.

I cannot tell, Klickteryx, haven't been there often. For me it is just that the city walls remind me so much of Steck, that many Nuremberg houses look like Playmobil's timber-framed medieval buildings, and especially the fact that the coat of arms of Playmobil Nuremberg Guards is plastered all over the town. To top it off, the legendary 1979 Color set Kaufmannszug is based on an early 20th century mural in the city. For a playmobil fan all quite enjoyable!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2024, 08:03:39 »
I imagine that you want to visit the Oliver Schaffer exhibition in Speyer? Sounds like fun, but I need to keep things brief, so I'm not going there. Joint travel to (and from?) Zirndorf is however definitely an option!

Yes, plans changed... I am doubtful about the may date now... but still an option... especially if joint travel would be possible ;)

(we should maybe move this to a private area of pf..)