Author Topic: Hello from Bavaria!  (Read 5694 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Hello from Bavaria!
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 18:50:13 »
Welcome from Portugal!  ;D

I agree about  3940 - as the best pirate ship....

Castles, give me Steck - I actually built my first system X building today :o (custom, that is.. and now it's full of holes :( )

:xmascheer:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 23:24:18 »
Welcome! <*)
~Pynedor~

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 08:32:48 »
Welcome, I'm a Dutch speaking person who was born in the Netherlands and still lives in the Netherlands.  :P

Personly I prefer the 5135 as the best pirateship due to the colors, but it seems we can agree that that shape is the best.  :)

Also prefering steck. Mainly because I grew up with my brother's schuldtrum and as a child always wanted to have the 3666 castle. Which did not disappoint once I finally got it a few years ago.  ;D

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 00:28:26 »
Welcome to the group.  I recall first seeing Playmobil in Munich in the mid-late 70s, (and buying some)in the toy stores and windows.  This was a few years before its first attempt to sell it here.   It's come a long way.   

Offline DizneeGirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 17:43:23 »
Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome from Oregon, USA  :wave:
Embracing the inner child😜

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 08:52:33 »
Welcome from the Netherlands! I hope you have a great time over here!  I mainly collect warriors from the melee epoque. Ancient and exotic warriors, knights and fantasy.  :wave:
RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 09:20:10 »
Another welcome from a dutch collector. Hope you have as much fun here as I do.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2015, 14:21:15 »
Thank you for the warm welcome! And so many Dutch speakers … Playmobil has always been ubiquitous in the Low Countries - I remember reading somewhere that initial orders from Dutch retailers were important for taking the new brand off the ground. The oldest generation of Klickies can still be found quite easily in the Netherlands.

Castles, give me Steck

Yes, I know that Steck rules among aficionados, and I do see its versatility and charm (recently got a 5725, which is great!). It is just that, whenever I disassemble old Steck, I fear to break the pieces. The joins are just too strong (would some lubricant work?), and hence prefer the genius System X connector bits.

When it comes to castles, most Steck and System X buildings actually suffer from the same weakness, to my mind: the basic square shape is just not very attractive. 4865 and 4866 are unique in bringing 45º corners, hence my preference.

I agree that 4866 is a very fine castle (I prefer 4865, its not as compact as 4866 but has some great features!).

4865 is just too big (for my play space, not to mention budget  ;)), and I prefer the 4866 gate.

As a child I always wanted to have the 3666 castle. Which did not disappoint once I finally got it a few years ago.

I'm just not convinced of the brilliance of 3666, despite what all the polls keep telling. The klickies are great and so is the round tower, but otherwise it is just a town house lumped together with castle walls. Steck houses are wonderful, but too small to function as a castle hall. 3268 is hence still interesting (even if many pieces are too big, and the castle is a boring square) and 6000 is under consideration (another big square  :( but great apartments).

Personly I prefer the 5135 as the best pirateship due to the colors, but it seems we can agree that that shape is the best.  :)

Too bad that the interior of 5135 is different. It may be so that 3940 is a bit too red, but, man, when fully armed with 8 (eight!) cannons, it is just awesome! :captain:

Merry Christmas! :xmascheer:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 22:01:23 by StJohn »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2015, 20:56:57 »
It may be so that 3940 is a bit too red, but, man, when fully armed with 8 (eight!) cannons, it is just awesome! :captain:

Hoo-yah!

(pity SOMEONE at playmobil can't count)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2015, 15:26:22 »
Welcome to the playmofriends club house  :wave:

:sparkle: Merry Christmas :sparkle: and a happy new year  :xmascheer:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: