Author Topic: ? about dino-expedition sets (mainstrem vs US version)  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
? about dino-expedition sets (mainstrem vs US version)
« on: January 01, 2011, 00:53:14 »
I've been trying to get all the dino expedition sets that were released back in 2004/2005. However every time I look for them on ebay I see most listed sets have those yellow adds on the box (which was the US version) - is there any other difference besides that if we compare them to the original ones? what about the pastic?

I like to buy MIB sets, or boxed as long as they're in good condition but lately I've been stopping caring about that (thank God, I sometimes think I'm ridiculous ::) :-[) - I now wonder what the content looks like though. I've got US exclusives and never have run into issues with the QUALITY of plastic, I just want to know if there's any noticeable difference in the plastic regarding color or type of (I remember the Pal Mummy was different from the original Special Mummy, but it was only the color what didn't make them identical)

Any info will be highly appreciated, thanks! :)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: ? about dino-expedition sets (mainstrem vs US version)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 01:11:49 »
Well, i have no idea really, so don't go by me.  ;D But I would think they are the same. The US always has slightly different boxes because they have to have so many warnings on them. I don't think that neccessarily changes the content of the set. Sets sold in the US are made at the same factory aren't they?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 01:17:29 »
Yes, bb! The only items that function differently are the pirates cannons. The materials that the sets are manufactured from are the same.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 01:20:53 »
Now with US TRU exclusives, there does seem to be a difference in quality in order to make it cheaper, which I think is a mistake. Quality is very important to the US consumer, and if parents try these sets first, they will decide playmobil is cheap junk. We just got the take-along police station, and the building is garbage.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 01:24:39 »
That may be true for exclusives, but the regular production sets are the same, just packaging may vary or contents based on USA market.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 01:28:48 »
Yeah I notice the version of the skate park http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=4414 at TRU has apple juice cartons instead of cell phones.  :lol: Very strange!  ???

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 01:59:18 »
In your link bb, I see 4 cell phones & juice boxes!?

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 02:02:34 »
Right, but I bought this set from TRU- no cell phones, no mention of them in the instructions, not in the picture on the box. But I think it had four juice boxes instead of two. I think... I'm gonna have to go check.  ;D

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 02:04:42 »
Right, but I bought this set from TRU- no cell phones, no mention of them in the instructions, not in the picture on the box. But I think it had four juice boxes instead of two. I think... I'm gonna have to go check.  ;D

Maybe PM's promoting better bm's for kiddies :lol:!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 02:06:37 »
You're crazy, Bill!  :lol: :lol: :lol: