Author Topic: 4840 and 4841 Drachenland  (Read 9129 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
4840 and 4841 Drachenland
« on: December 27, 2009, 16:56:38 »

4840 and 4841 from the new Drachenland theme.

This review was actually going to be a "What did YOU get for Christmas?" topic ...  :xholly:

On Christmas morning I was stunned when I opened the two packages from our daughter. I was totally surprised! I had no idea that she had ordered these two sets for me from Germany. I had not dropped any hints nor left any clues that I really wanted any of the new Dragonland sets. Yet, here they were. And, just as beautiful as I had hoped that they would be.

After opening the very attractive boxes and after looking at the contents, I just had to share them with you. As many of you know, I love fantasy of any kind. And these two Playmobil sets are fantasy in its most wonderful form.

please see attachment

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 4840 and 4841 Drachenland
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 18:31:20 »
Hi Richard  :elf:

Aren't you going to show us the contents. I really like a lot of the new parts that these set have to offer.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 18:49:07 »
Ditto what Ras said, may we see the contents too?  :xmascheer:

Nice pressies to get from an unexpected source!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 18:51:56 »

Aren't you going to show us the contents. I really like a lot of the new parts that these set have to offer.   :elf:

Ditto what Ras said, may we see the contents too?  :xmascheer:

Nice pressies to get from an unexpected source!

Patience my two "little grasshoppers" ...  ;)

I forgot to charge my laptop, so I had to go get the AC connect cable. And, while I was wandering around Susan asked if I was fixing lunch ... :)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 19:11:47 »

Way back in August of 2008, Timotheous reviewed 5836. Shortly after, Rasputin reviewed 4775 in September of 2008.

That was long before most of us ever knew that there was going to be a Drachenland Theme from Playmobil.

I fell in love :love: with these little green Klickys. They looked a lot like a group of forest elfs.

When I finally got back to the mainland and rushed to my nearest Target store, I sadly discovered that they were all gone.

I looked at Target online and saw that I could order sets 4775 and 5836!
Please see attachments

I received them in about a week and fell in love all over again. I never realized that this was just the beginning.

When I opened set 4840 Christmas morning, I couldn't wait to bring out the sets that I had got online from Target almost a year ago. IMHO, this is a wonderful magical theme from Playmobil ...  :love:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 19:28:51 by Richard »

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 19:16:00 »

Since I've been so effusive over the "little green forest elfen Klickys" from Playmobil, let's look at them first.

Please see attachments

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 19:45:32 »

Set 4841, like set 4840, has a battery charged LED weapon which works great!

This box (4841) contains an "evil" mounted knight. (You can tell he's evil because of the beard stubble on his face and because of his "shadowed" eyes.) ... ;)

As I think that Andi may have said in an earlier post, you don't have to place the red "ball" between the horns. However, I think that it adds a certain amount of "evilness" to this figure ... ;)

BTW, the horse furniture is beautiful.

Please see attachments

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 21:00:16 »
Were did you go Richard  :elf:

Ahhh open the bag all ready . Ok you fixed lunch now where did you go ? to let it out  :lol: I really really want to see the parts especially the horse armor

Those Klickies can not breath in those sealed bags

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 21:14:49 »

Were did you go Richard  :elf:

Ahhh open the bag all ready . Ok you fixed lunch now where did you go ? to let it out  :lol: I really really want to see the parts especially the horse armor

Those Klickies can not breathe in those sealed bags

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Hello, Ras ...  :xmascheer:

It's already after 5:00PM here in the US Virgin Islands. That means that the sun is over the yardarm. And, that means that its happy hour :**:

Happy holidays and we'll let 'em out tomorrow ... promise ...  :cham:
Richard <*)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 00:21:26 »
I really like the new head armour for the horse. I'm looking forward to that set eventually.