Author Topic: 4840 and 4841 Drachenland  (Read 9127 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: 4840 and 4841 Drachenland
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 01:44:21 »

I really like the new head armour for the horse. I'm looking forward to that set eventually.

The new head armor for the horse is indeed beautiful, Tim ...

Here are a couple of pictures of 4841 taken with my iPhone. Tomorrow, I'll try to do some close ups with my camera.

The first photo is of the knight's helmet. As you can see, it comes in four separate pieces.

The second photo shows the knight mounted and the new armor for the horse's head.

All the best,
Richard
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 01:50:28 by Richard »

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 07:26:26 »
I've seen that knight at Saskia's place. She bought the entire theme as soon as it was deliverable (actually; she bought them a couple of weeks before the were).
I think it's a great looking knight ... except for the led-weapon. I'm truly horrified by it and hate it.
Even worse it makes the entire knight more expensive!

But that's my own 0.02 worth ...

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 11:26:15 »
I think it's a great looking knight ... except for the led-weapon. I'm truly horrified by it and hate it.
Even worse it makes the entire knight more expensive!
Bogro

Agree 100%. I think these led weapons are a bit of a joke and i dont think they fit with the klickies very well and the playmobil in general. The horse armour is a welcoming feature that will make generation 2 horses look a bit better ( i prefer the older ones for a number of reasons). I reckon a order of a few of these will come in handy . does anyone have a part number for this ???

I havent bought any of the new knights sets yet. biying more and more steck and older houses and foot soldiers instead . i have mixed feelings abou these new sets  but the more i see them the more i want them!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 20:33:02 »
I like the styling of the horse equipment and will certainly get it when it's available here. I agree about the weapon. The horse head armour number is over at PlaymoDB. I agree it looks great and is much better than the caparison hood that's previously been available for the Horse2.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 20:52:28 »
Hi Richard  :elf:

Thank you for the newest pictures. The horse armor looks great and I can not wait to get a few dozen of them. I was wondering what the set would look like with the print on the horse blanket and Klicky removed. It would be all black with silver head armor . Very sinister. I do not know what to think of the LED ray guns yet . I think I will make up my mind when they are in my hands. I know the kids will like to use them now that there are so may Dinosaurs, Sea Monsters, Immortal Pirates and Aliens to fight .

Thanks again Richard  :wow:
   Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 23:13:15 »
. The horse head armour number is over at PlaymoDB.

Thanks . i keep forgetting the DB for whateve reason, will add a few of these in me next shopping list thoughi dont have many horse2 type horses yet. prefer the old one because , well i am stuck in the past and i am old also and secondly cause they are bigger and take up more space with their posture.. anyways ...  :wave:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 23:31:31 »
Thanks . i keep forgetting the DB for whateve reason, will add a few of these in me next shopping list thoughi dont have many horse2 type horses yet. prefer the old one because , well i am stuck in the past and i am old also and secondly cause they are bigger and take up more space with their posture.. anyways ...  :wave:

I prefer the older style too, you can balance them on their tail & hind legs for a rearing horse, the caparisons look better, and the legs look more like a galloping horse and not a walking old nag.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 07:11:51 »
and the legs look more like a galloping horse and not a walking old nag.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone at Playmobil should see this and change back to the old design !!!!

;D

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 19:26:57 »

After looking at the excellent review of the the Playmobil Aliens (set 3283) just posted by Ras, I thought that I'd better come back here and post some more pictures.

As you can see from these photos, the future of Playmobil may be more "moulding" and less "klicking".

The two green figures have moulded shoulders and the black figure has moulded arms.

All three figures have moulding on their legs. The figure on the left has moulded boots, The figure in the middle has a moulded surcoat. And, the black figure on the right has moulded armour.

The green figure on the left has a new style of boot that I don't remember seeing before. And, the black figure on the right has armoured front leg covering that I don't remember seeing before.

see attachments

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 19:36:31 »
The shoulder armour from the Black figure is the same moulding as used in the Egyptians, and there might be a bit of customisable cross-over there.

I like the new moulded legs, and the spiked shoulders. I'll be getting into this series when it is available, though the prices are certainly ambitious.