Author Topic: Klickies´ skincolours  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Klickies´ skincolours
« on: February 05, 2019, 20:37:44 »
Okay, maybe I´m late at discovering this but the fat cowboy from the newest Spirit Theme sets has a new skincolour, I suppose he is of Mexican descendance.
As far as I know, there are now 5 skincolours... This is complicating customising figures A LOT.

Does the female klicky in this set (will) have the "Asian"-skincolour or is it yet another colour-variation?
https://www.playmobil.be/nl/arena-met-lucky-en-javier/70119.html
And those pirates in the Movie Theme set with that Roman chariot?

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: Klickies´ skincolours
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 20:54:30 »
The hippie of Figures 15 also has a darker skin tone, not sure if it is the same one as the Spirit guy, because pictures sometimes change the colours a bit. But I guess it is, not sure if the colour appeared before Figures 15, but if one should know, it's tahra  ;)
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 21:13:36 »
:o

I didn't notice anything about the hippie - isn't he the usual "tan"?

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 22:12:18 »
I didn't notice anything about the hippie - isn't he the usual "tan"?

I just checked: the hippie is of normal tan, just like, e.g., Baywatch "David Hasselhoff" of Boys Series 6. The fat cowboy is the odd one out. Thanks for reporting the discovery, Hadoque!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 06:56:06 »
The hippie has clearly a darker type of skine tone, compared to the Dutch girl, you can see it in my picture below. But not sure if this is indeed the same colour as the beach boy of series six.

Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 08:59:48 »
I just checked: the hippie is of normal tan,

Ah, good! I was worried I hadn't noticed!

The hippie has clearly a darker type of skine tone, compared to the Dutch girl,

But that tan color is quite common by now...

I am with Hadoque on this - it's a complication. And it doesn't add much, IMO. I mean, not enough to make up for the complication...

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 16:10:35 »
Slowly losing my mind here over getting klickies described properly. Help please!

The second-lightest skintone, which I've called "light tan skintone", is VERY hard to detect in most photos/official images - I've picked out some, but I'm sure I've missed a lot. I haven't yet distinguished the third-lightest (the cowboy's colour, also shared by Pru, I believe, and Javier in 70119.) I figure "dark tan skintone" would do.

Seems Lucky is "light tan skintone" while Abigail and Maricela are "light skintone", the lightest.

Here are all the klickies I've marked as having "light tan skintone" face: anyone here who is definitely the wrong colour? Who's missing (besides the hippie, I haven't created the Series 15 klickies yet)?
PlaymoDB Who's That Klicky: Face_colour = Light tan skintone

PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 21:31:44 »
The second-lightest skintone, which I've called "light tan skintone", is VERY hard to detect in most photos

Which is making buying klikcy-parts (on ebay, cakebook or from someone not directly next to you) much harder... Maybe "their" intention?  ::)

Like said before and amened by Tahra, it won´t be so easy anymore to find matching arm(sleeve)s, barefooted legs, etc. to create a proper custom-klicky.

Here are all the klickies I've marked as having "light tan skintone" face: anyone here who is definitely the wrong colour? Who's missing (besides the hippie, I haven't created the Series 15 klickies yet)?
PlaymoDB Who's That Klicky: Face_colour = Light tan skintone

No clue if your list is correct , but there are certainly more klickies outthere with the "light-tan" skintone...
I can confirm f.e. this SWAT-guy with the sunglasses;
https://www.playmobil.be/nl/sie-rubberboot/9362.html

The newest Hawaii-Girl Series 15 (shown in the pictures in the first post here) also has this skincolour.

Also several pirates that came with the magazines. I´ll try to bring them together and take a pic...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 21:37:16 by Hadoque »

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 22:30:17 »
Concerning pirates, here is one of the most "complicated cases" sofar;

Pirate on the left:
* face & hands = white "Caucasian" skincolour
* jacket & upper-armsleeves = midbrown
* legs = darkblue

He comes from this Super-4 set;
https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=4797

Pirate in the middle:
* face & hands = white "Caucasian" skincolour
* jacket & upper-armsleeves = redbrownish (I´m not really sure how to call this colour but it is the same colour as the longcoat of 'Sharkbeard')
* legs = darkgrey

He came with a Super-4 Magazine, he is based on the pirate on the leftside (from set 4797) but comes with a different coloured jacket and grey legs instead of blue.

Pirate on the right:
* face & hands = light-tan ("Asian") skincolour
* jacket & upper-armsleeves = redbrownish (I´m not really sure how to call this colour but it is the same colour as the longcoat of 'Sharkbeard')

He came with a Super-4 Magazine, he is a based on the left pirate on the leftside (from set 4797) AND on the pirate in the middle AND  comes with a different coloured jacked, grey legs instead of blue, and a different skin-tone.

Three pirates, so ... 8}  8}  8}

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 22:50:00 »
These 2 pirates have a light-tan ("Asian") skin-colour (face & hands), and also have a split-personality slightly different coloured print on their pants ...

Btw, the hair they came with is very darkbrown and not black.
Before I had only encountered this specific hairstyle and this specific beard in black and in lightgrey.

"They"  8} came with one of the monthly magazines ...

on the utter-right you see a white ("Caucasian") hand as colour-reference

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 22:57:34 by Hadoque »