Author Topic: Chrome legs....  (Read 1742 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Chrome legs....
« on: December 01, 2017, 17:07:42 »
Anyone know where this klicky's legs come from? Perhaps the seller (cofisa) got them chromed specially?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Chrome legs....
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 17:54:17 »
I'm sure what you're seeing is the 4434 knight with a duff moulding on the left leg.  Hover over the image and you can see that the right leg is mouldded differently with the boot top going further round to the outside of the leg.

Here's another one: https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/7gcAAOSwk-1Z7ybf/s-l225.jpg

And here's one that's not faulty: https://d2ydh70d4b5xgv.cloudfront.net/images/3/4/playmobil-4434-silver-knight-on-horse-almost-complete-castle-warrior-233146104d64e3183f1468e79d7c44ce.jpg
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 18:57:12 »
Isn't that the regular Silver Knight 4434? ??? Sorry, GrahamB, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary there.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 19:36:00 »
Thanks both. I think it is the 4434 knight, not one I have come across before. I can't see how the boot cuffs differ from one another on that picture though. Is that a common problem with this figure, playmofire?

Apart from the suit of armour in 3449, I haven't seen "shiny silver" legs before. PlaymoDB has an incomplete description of this klicky, with the legs (and feet) described as 'unknown colour'.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 21:15:48 »
Thanks both. I think it is the 4434 knight, not one I have come across before. I can't see how the boot cuffs differ from one another on that picture though. Is that a common problem with this figure, playmofire?

Apart from the suit of armour in 3449, I haven't seen "shiny silver" legs before. PlaymoDB has an incomplete description of this klicky, with the legs (and feet) described as 'unknown colour'.

Apologies, Graham, I thought you had noticed a problem and when I looked I thought that the right leg had been "misinjected".  Looking again (and I did look more than once before using the magnifying effect by hovering over the picture) I see that what I had seen as a fault is actually the sword blade of the klicky obscuring part of the boot cuff.   :-[
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 22:04:27 »
Apart from the suit of armour in 3449, I haven't seen "shiny silver" legs before.

I think that is correct - 4434 is the only figure that I know of with legs of "new chrome" (*). I have seen some counterfeit 3449 suits of armour made using his legs. :D

Best wishes
StJohn

* "new chrome", to distinguish it from old, seventies-Klicky chrome. New chrome is vastly superior to its frail predecessor: it withstands a Kukident bath without problems, whereas the same will completely wipe the chrome off Klicky parts. I do not much enjoy old chrome and its countless parts in poor condition that I have seen, but would like there to be more of the new quality. :)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 11:06:20 »
... what I had seen as a fault is actually the sword blade of the klicky obscuring part of the boot cuff.   :-[

Never mind, thanks for clearing that up!

I have seen some counterfeit 3449 suits of armour made using his legs.

I thought of doing that. I am also going to see if it's feasible (i.e. reasonable cost) to get some klicky parts chrome-plated, in order to make up some 'facsimile' (a word I use for fakes I admit to!) armour suits. There are companies that will chrome plate onto plastic, I am not sure if they will do small 'hobby' orders though. And I would probably get fixed-wrist arms plated, to avoid the chrome chipping off (as it seems to do on the genuine suits of armour klickies, which had 'free' wrists). I agree that those 'authentic' chromed parts are often very shabby and good quality ones can be hard to find...