Author Topic: The Carribean Queen  (Read 9240 times)

Offline deadeye dick

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Capt'n of the Punisher
    • Deadeye Dick's
The Carribean Queen
« on: February 27, 2006, 19:16:04 »
The Carribean Queen is not only the name of the Queen but also her ship  ;)

The ship is a mix of the 3750 and 5736 (Blackbeard's) ship. I didn't like the latter, so I used the black parts for the Punisher.
So, the other (red and yellow) pieces were used for this ship...
The first design issue was the lack of a sail support for the back sail. Blackbeard doesn't have one  :( Thus, I used some 'black pieces' from the 3750 to solve this issue.

There's nothing special about the ship, besides that it's VERY colorful  ;D
And, it wouldn't be a DD ship when there wasn't something special about the sails.
First there was the red sail in the back and then there were the full big sails. Blackbeard's ship doesn't come with the big sails, only the scrolled up sails  :-[
So, I used the sail supports of the 3940 ship, that have the same connector as the scrolled up sails... The sails are made from a cheap (2,5 EUR), but quality plastic sheet bought in the scout's shop. These sails are perfect for kids to play with (that's almost the only thing that I like about the 5736 - the plastic sails that are washable). And compared to the QuickFuse sails (36 EUR for a set of sails) this is a very cheap and practical solution  :P Unfortunately it's not printable...

And I almost forgot the cage with the Queen's leopard  ;) First I used a yellow row boat, but I was already playing a long time with the idea of using the cage in combination with a ship  >:D

Enjoy the pics my friends  :D
B.T.W. if you like them, you can sign the Captn's Log Book.

Check out Deadeye Dick's hideout @ www.deadeye.be

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: The Carribean Queen
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 20:44:21 »
That's another triumph, DD, especially the Carmen Miranda hat of the Queen herself.  And those cannons loadd with flowers will be lethal to hayfever sufferers. :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 21:33:01 »
DD, that is a great-looking ship - very bright and it is perfect for it's theme! I love it.

I was already playing a long time with the idea of using the cage in combination with a ship

OK, now this is scary. The Mortis, flagship of the undead pirates, will have a cage instead of the cargo platform as well. I have just been waiting for the right ship to use this idea on and you beat me to it! :P

Congrats on another fine-looking ship!
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 22:22:48 »
Amazing! A beautiful ship and WOW that's some fruit salad! Lovely!
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 22:23:22 »
The Carmen Miranda chapeau left my speechless.

I do like the idea of cannonn full of flowers

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 22:49:38 »
That's GORGEOUS DD!  I never have liked the little guy's Blackbeard Ship, even if it was the very first playmo in the house.  You do realize imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, don't you?  ;)  ;D

The color and drape of the sails is perfect!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 03:36:18 »
That's another triumph, DD, especially the Carmen Miranda hat of the Queen herself.  And those cannons loaded with flowers will be lethal to hayfever sufferers. :)

I wonder, Gordon, if anyone (other then you and me) remembers who Carmen Miranda was? ... :lol:
(However, Meg, did mentioned her. But, I didn't realize Meg was that old.) ... ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, David (DD) ...

Tonight, I am on the Island of St.Thomas which is almost in the middle of the Caribbean! Looking at your marvelous "Caribbean Queen" and Sirena's beautiful "Rainbow Lion," I almost feel like I have travelled back in time!

Your "Caribbean Queen" is a splendid ship that has captured the carnival excitement of the islands.

... :wow: ... :wow: ... :wow: ...

All the best and thank you for sharing a really great custom,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 08:47:05 »
I wonder, Gordon, if anyone (other then you and me) remembers who Carmen Miranda was? ... :lol:
(However, Meg, did mentioned her. But, I didn't realize Meg was that old.) ... ;)

Oh, I don't remember her, Richard. I've only heard older people talk about her! ;D
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 12:53:54 »

Oh, I don't remember her, Richard. I've only heard older people talk about her! ;D

You mean older people like Meg?

Are we "thread jacking," Gordon? We may need to report ourselves to a moderator if we are!

Do you suppose that Dead-Eye Dick may have known an older person who told him about Carmen? ... :lol:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 13:58:17 »

Are we "thread jacking," Gordon? We may need to report ourselves to a moderator if we are!

I reported myself to me as I am a moderator for threadjacking and let myself off with a warning. :)

I then reported you to me for threadjacking, and as this was the second threadjacking case reported to me today, I've decided firm action is needed or everyone will be threadjacking! ;D