Author Topic: Yippeeeeeeee! My (first) 3627 Merry men  (Read 4787 times)

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
Re: Yippeeeeeeee! My (first) 3627 Merry men
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2010, 02:00:56 »
I was just wondering if anyone knows why the smile and eyes of the priest in this set are inset vs. painted on? Is this characteristic of some of the older klickies?  ???
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2010, 02:09:12 »
Actually it's the other way around. The very old klickys, like only from the first few years, I htink, are painted on. The current ones are filled in from inside the head. You can't really tell from the outside usually, but if you take off the hair, the inside of the head is brown. I think it's called injection molding? Am I right, guys?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2010, 10:42:09 »
Actually it's the other way around. The very old klickys, like only from the first few years, I htink, are painted on. The current ones are filled in from inside the head. You can't really tell from the outside usually, but if you take off the hair, the inside of the head is brown. I think it's called injection molding? Am I right, guys?
Yes that is correct Bonnie.
Only the first clickies had painted faces, now they are all injected. Now the only painted bits are the face features as beard, moustaches, eyebrows, glasses, lips, eyes (Cleopatra) and so on.  :)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmojager

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2010, 17:40:45 »
Excellent set,  great buy, you are very lucky,
this barrel is awesome !!!  :wave:
  Fire and Axe

Offline Skywalker

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2010, 10:10:22 »
Congrats to this great set ! i saw an auction on ebay just for the wooden barrel : 22€ !