Author Topic: This weeks haul  (Read 3307 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: This weeks haul
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 21:56:24 »
Nice haul.
Very cool figures. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 07:02:20 »
Thanks everyone got some great things for my project. And I am very pleased with the 2 new specials.

Yes, Baden. That is a 4742. Hot from the factory. Just out this month, here.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 07:05:00 »
Thereby hangs a tale. I received about 30 ACW figures in an eBay lot weeks ago, in a dreadful dirty state and with loose arms and legs. Much played with and enjoyed, but in need of some careful restoration.

I put the lot through the dishwasher, with all loose items, hair and hats removed, but was displeased with the result as they came out with dull surfaces and residue in nooks and crannies. At first I thought I'd ruined them with the dishwasher, maybe set too hot or the wrong program, but as I checked each one and cleaned by hand they came out OK, just worn and a little discolored through years of play.

I'm still processing them, disassembling each one to rinse and dry by hand, tightening the chassis and then reassembling with a bit of custom mixing, dressing, and putting in a fort. I've still got several to finish as I got distracted by other projects, but I'm getting there.

Last night I won a "Mint" (but not in box) 3811 set, which has four 5th Cavalry and an Indian scout. Shame they don't make sets like this anymore.

Martin, I just put them in a bucket with hot water and washing up liquid. The ware rather dusty. Left it overnight. Then rinsed them. They came out clean enough. They do not have to be mint. I'm not going to polish them, as some do. I have quite some experience though, with polishing. I use commandant no 4, by the way. Mainly on bakelite, though.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 10:32:15 »
When i buy used playmos i also put them in a bath of lukewarm water with dettol. Leave them for a few hours and they are clean as new with no nasty thingiiiiies....
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 21:34:35 »
Dettol? Does that clean as well? Or is it for desinfection only?
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 21:49:58 »
Dettol? Does that clean as well? Or is it for desinfection only?

It is only for disinfection...but maybe there is a new mixture that cleans as well....

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 07:12:39 »
I forgot to mention i also use soap with lukewarm water when for example steck walls are soiled/ dirty . The dettol is a great disinfectant and putting eg steck pieces and klickies into a bath with it for 20min , they do come out pretty clean i must say !!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: