Author Topic: Egyptian Photoshoot  (Read 2986 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Egyptian Photoshoot
« on: December 07, 2008, 12:23:21 »
OK time for more photos as requested by Heather. As usual anybody here can make any use of the pictures they wish.

Pharoah and his wife. He comes with gold bracelets which I took off for this shot. The headdress is his actual head part - there's no hair underneath.

The Pharoah dressed for war (possibly) and his high priest. I'm going to customise my main Pharoah using the archer legs, priest's body & arms & pharoah's head & shoulderpiece to make a really dazzling figure, and I'll have the Pharoah's grown son, looking slightly less splendid (but with an itchy poison finger).

The Annubis headpiece is squishy.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
Egyptian Photoshoot
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 12:36:03 »
The footsoldiers come in four colors, with three head styles, the leather ring, hershey's kiss helmet, and loose hair, giving a great opportunity for mixing and matching. Add a few beards, and there should be plenty of characterisation possible. I think (from looking at other photos) that there are four different cowhide shield prints, though I only have three so far.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
Egyptian Photoshoot
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 13:03:17 »
There are two groups that came as DS packs -the military pack 7383, and the family pack 7386. I'd have liked a second shield in the 7383 pack, but that's easily ordered. The axe has an ankh symbol on both sides of the blade.

In the family pack the father's shoulderpiece could be swapped with an archer to create variety, and the mother's hairband could be switched with a soldier's. The mother's splendid long hair could be switched with Cleopatra's.  Notice that the father has slightly curved "women's arms", while the woman has straight men's arms. They look fine though, dismissing the idea of specific male and female arms in this theme. Cleopatra also had male arms, and no tan.

The wife and girl have slightly cream-coloured clothing rather than pure white, this is not a trick of the light.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
Egyptian Photoshoot
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 13:16:06 »
The tomb raiders (or innocent civilians) provide yet more opportunity for customising within their own group and with the other Egyptians, with a baldy head, angry eyes, a black beard, an unshaven face, and a different hairstyle on the woman. The black/chocolate brown mix works very well and I'll be swapping body parts in various combinations. The baldy klicky has a new design of dagger, which they should really have used in the 7386 family pack for maximum points.

Finally a line-up of the weapons and the Hershey's kiss helmet.

There are lots of new mouldings and parts here, and plenty of customising opportunities. Apart from a missing shield in the 7383 DS pack, and the wrong dagger in the 7386 DS set, I don't think there's anything I could wish to change about these figures.

I obtained these figures from play-123 on eBay; the shop is now closed until 1st January 2009. The 7383 and 7386 DS packs will eventually be available direct from Playmobil's website, the other figures all came as sets of five made up by the seller, or as individual figures (the Pharoah, Pharoah archer & Annubis priest).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 13:26:01 by Martin Milner »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Egyptian Photoshoot
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 15:30:42 »
Wow they are a good looking bunch :love:. Thanks for making them look better than ever Martin  :wow:. Now i want them more  8}
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 17:30:33 »
Thank you Martin, they really are gorgeous! The photos really highlight the care that went into these and the colors are great. Sigh, better finish off my crusaders and clear the decks!

Gepeneezer

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 13:31:49 »
Hiya Martin

You've definitely whetted my appetite.

For us Roman cads who manage to survive the death of the theme, the archer tomb robber could make for a Syrian camel auxiliary.

It's also nice to see that PM threw in a few more women characters to round the theme out better.
Rome came with two women (three if you count Cleo), but the theme just didn't come to life--though I tried, and took my army pretty seriously.

PS. The Anubis chap would make a great drag queen for the Modern City theme.

But seriously, a little bit surgery on the Anubis mask and you might have a good werewolf.  Maybe PM will one day come out with a bull-head ala the priesthood of King Minos.

-Tim

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 17:36:22 »
Thanks for a great review, Martin, though it won't get me into the theme.  Maybe a few square, long beards and long-haired curly hair pieced would open up the possibility of some Assyrian customs or a new theme.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 06:46:29 »
Martin, thank you for capturing both the fronts and the backs of the different Egyptian klickies.  They're even nicer than I thought!
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 07:46:16 »
... But seriously, a little bit surgery on the Anubis mask and you might have a good werewolf. ...

Now that's a great idea. And one I needed desperately - Thanks Tim !!!  :wow:

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.