Author Topic: 4260 police car  (Read 6577 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 4260 police car
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 18:04:11 »
Wow great review, Panos :elf:

I never knew the engine came out! (I got mine second hand) :-[

:xmascheer: :xmascheer: :xmascheer:

Damo :rudy:

It was a nice surprice for  me too Damo!!!  :rudy:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 21:17:23 »
Well, here are my contributions to Panos' review and I'm grateful for him allowing me to add them.

First, though, I will say that having looked at the pictures I took, there is the same problem with the roof light not fitting flush.  Maybe, a bit of sanding in the roof opening is the answer.  I wonder if there is a curve in the roof which causes this poor fit?

Now for some photos.

The car is, like the 4223 ambulance car, based on the VW Passat and looks especially smart in the silver and blue police livery.  Playmobil has caught the shape and smooth lines of the original beautifully, as this side view shows:

It also looks good from behind with the back closed (note the POLICE sticker):

and open (note the stickers inside the opening hatch complete with POLICE and warning signs so that these are visible with the hatch open and obscuring the roof light.  I'm planning to stick on blue "jewels" to represent flashing blue lights too):

It also looks good from above:

and from in front:

These last two photos show off the excellent printing of the ventilation grilles on the bonnet.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 21:24:31 »
To go on the rear of the roof light there is a sticker which shows a different message depending at what angle it is viewed.

First, a demonstration on my finger:

POLICE:

then STOP:

Then with the stickers on the car, where it isn't quite so successful with the car at eye level because of the change in angle needed to view the two messages in turn:

POLICE:

STOP

Lastly, there is a sticker to go inside what is usually a lunch box but here is a first aid box:

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 22:09:48 »
Thank you for posting these extra pics Gordon with the missing details!!!  :high5:

Its strange how they dicided to put a sticker in the first aid kit and not put the actual parts ... although I am sure they do not fit... ::)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 22:14:53 »
I have some kind of box with the sticker in the bottom to represent tools or something, but I can't think where it's from at the moment.

Those are great pics, very informative. That's so cool how the sticker shows two different words at different angles. Nice little touch.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 06:54:25 »
So we have a set with a lot of accessories bu not a shotgun  ??? I thought shotguns were supposed to be standard issue equipment for a patrol car... maybe this one is only supposed to be a traffic control car, thus the lack of a shotgun...
No, that can’t be… If it were a “traffic vehicle” it would have yellow safety lights (like tow trucks). Maybe it’s a Crime Scene Unit or Suspect Transport vehicle… ???

EDIT: The removable engine block, however, makes I worth it all by itself.;)
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..