Author Topic: Museum of Not-Playmobil  (Read 57369 times)

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
Re: Museum of Not-Playmobil
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2011, 08:40:20 »
Hi,

a long time ago, find another ugly item at ebay !

Enjoy !

world greets

Andi

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2011, 15:52:50 »
Hi,

a long time ago, find another ugly item at ebay !

Enjoy !

world greets

Andi

Whoa, what is up with his legs???!!! OK, so he might one day sit on a horse (that isn't in the set) but that's anatomically incorrect!

Offline reylocann

• Playmo Fanatic
  • One can never have too many cats!
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2011, 16:13:59 »
 8-)  The True Master of Disguise!!!   8-)

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. - Plato

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2011, 16:43:48 »
Wow, that is a really blatant copy! It's ugly, though.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline reylocann

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 00:12:37 »
 :lens:    I'm pretty sure it's a Schenk.  No other company got quite so brazen with their re-productions!     >:D

I'm by no means an expert but as I understand it, aside from lesser quality plastic, the construction, indentations, dimensions, etc. are almost identical. That's why Schenk got shut down - copyright infringement. Identifying characteristics on the early sets is the lack of a little notch in the center bottom of the torso, flat feet, and what almost looks like a "rat tail" hair piece on the Schenk figures.  Also, the Schenk klickys are slightly taller than Playmobil we're talking millimeters.....   If the non-moveable-hand klicky you have has a straight waist but is virtually the same, my guess is it's a Schenk.  The one pictured is pre-1981 style - I only have very early ones.  Does anyone have pieces from the early to mid 90's?  I'd love to see pics.   :lens:

Rey

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. - Plato

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 01:02:12 »
Thanks for sharing all this; it's really interesting! I don't recall ever seeing these before.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2011, 01:07:41 »
thank you everyone, for sharing and your comments too  :)
I do visit toy stores still (without my grown up kids anymore) but dont see any of these...some of their accessories might be useful if the moulding and colour of plastic is close to PM's  :P

Offline Tricornejock

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 05:44:59 »
:lens:    I'm pretty sure it's a Schenk.  No other company got quite so brazen with their re-productions!     >:D

I'm by no means an expert but as I understand it, aside from lesser quality plastic, the construction, indentations, dimensions, etc. are almost identical. That's why Schenk got shut down - copyright infringement. Identifying characteristics on the early sets is the lack of a little notch in the center bottom of the torso, flat feet, and what almost looks like a "rat tail" hair piece on the Schenk figures.  Also, the Schenk klickys are slightly taller than Playmobil we're talking millimeters.....   If the non-moveable-hand klicky you have has a straight waist but is virtually the same, my guess is it's a Schenk.  The one pictured is pre-1981 style - I only have very early ones.  Does anyone have pieces from the early to mid 90's?  I'd love to see pics.   :lens:

Rey

:wave: Hello rey,

Your yellow "Klicky" come from.............. Turkey ;D . You can find more explanations here:

Explanations (french): http://www.tricornejock.com/Pilsan_generalites.html and (goog... english translation): http://www.tricornejock.com/Pilsan_general.html

Loose here: http://www.tricornejock.com/Photos_Pilsan.html

MISB here: http://www.tricornejock.com/Pilsan_MISB.html

Best regards,
TJ
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 00:29:26 by Tricornejock »

Offline reylocann

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2011, 04:44:19 »
 :wow:  Tricorn   :wow:

I was unaware of the Turkish Pilsan brand.  I wonder how they got to the U.S.?  And I wish I remembered more about the eBay seller I got them from - they were mixed in with other authentic Playmobil in a lot I got on eBay  a few years ago. 

Thank you! Thank you! for the info!

Learn something new everyday!!!!

Rey

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2011, 15:44:52 »
I saw these in the same toyshop that I bought my 5300s from last summer.  I thought they were Playbig and bought them for £1 each.  However, when I got them home I discovered with help from Andi that they are not Playbig but a result of this : 'Many years ago, this company sold 
the templates for the play-big toys, so maybe some other manufacturer built them.'

I have discovered Busy Bodies from the UK but these figures don't look like them either.  Does anyone else no of any other makes they could be?

Thanks,
naflibomyalp
 :bunny: :easterhop:
[img]