Author Topic: Review of new blue light  (Read 5533 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Review of new blue light
« on: July 10, 2006, 18:18:47 »
Some time ago andi (Customizer) provided the part number for the new blue light used on the new ambulance.  I bought one from DS and, in view of the differences between the original working blue light and the new one thought a review might interest the emergency service fans.

The new light is an updated version of the earlier one, being flatter and more streamlined.  As ever with Playmobil it is based on a real life prototype (our local motorway police cars have this design of roof light), so it's Playmobil keeping up with the times in many ways, but also improving the product.

The first picture shows a bird's eye view of the two lights side by side, clearly showing the more curved, streamlined shape of the new version.

The side, rear and front views show off the lower profile of the new light unit with the rear view also showing that the new version protrudes less into the car interior, giving more headroom for the klickies.

Like the older version, the light works although the flashing cycle now lasts three minutes compared with 10 seconds for the original version of the old light and 30 seconds for a revised version which appeared with the 3181 fire G-Wagen.

The new light costs £4.95, but that includes batteries (2xCR2032 3v).  The part number is 30 88 3552.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Review of new blue light
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 19:47:14 »

Thanks for the excellent review, Gordon ...

After reading your GREAT description of the new light bar, I'm thinking that, since I'm in Canada, perhaps I should make a customized Playmobil RCMP patrol car.

I seem to remember that Outback had made a customized Playmobil RCMP motorcycle. Did he also make a Playmobil RCMP patrol car ?

And, speaking of Outback, has anyone invited him to join Playmofriends ...  ???

All the best and thanks again,
Richard

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 20:04:29 »
Hi Friends,

great review playmofire !!

This new light looks great on the police car !!

Can you update your review with a inside view ???
The new one are with new LED technic !

gentle greets

Andi

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 20:20:44 »
I'lL follow that idea up, andi, and add to this thread later this week if I can.

I PMed Outback last year some time, Richard, but heard nothing from him.  He last posted on Playmoboard in May 2005.  He'd be a good member here with his knowledge and skills.  Maybe I'll follow him up again.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 20:28:37 »
He'd be a good member here with his knowledge and skills.  Maybe I'll follow him up again.

Thank, Gordon ...

I certainly agree with you that Outback would be a good member here at Playmofriends !!!

All the best,
Richard

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 17:10:15 »
Hello  Gordon

Thank you very much indeed for your review on the new light bar. It certainly looks very good indeed on the Police car. I will certainly have to look into getting a few of these myself.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 17:01:15 »
£4.95 is $9.36.

The 3904 international police car went over to a red and blue light bar some years ago.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 17:23:08 »
On the UK site and in the UK shops, 3904 has a red and blue light bar and 3166 all blue.