Author Topic: the collectors book doesn't have all the sets that were ever produced??  (Read 3895 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
i don't know why but i always had a feeling that playmobil is not that good at organizing its own history.  :hmm:
can it be possible that they don't keep a group of all the sets they produced, keychains included?  ???
can it be possible that they don't have a fool-proof vault at zirndorf where all this is kept, away form the light under a coltrolled atmosphere?  ???
can it be possible that they have doubts about the dates and production numbers of every set?  ???

it is often said that playmobil is still a very "family" business and what count bogro describes seems to confirm this.  :-\
if a collectors club is on the way maybe there is still a lot of way to be walked "internally" for playmobil.  :)
maybe they need our help...
  :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 14:49:38 by cachalote »
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru

maube they need our help...

We'll be here to hlep it!!!

I have a lyra western bank that is not in the 2nd edition collector, maybe its in the third...

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
i don't know why but i always had a feeling that playmobil is not that good at organizing its own history.  :hmm:
can it be possible that they don't keep a group of all the sets they produced, keychains included?  ???
can it be possible that they don't have a fool-proof vault at zirndorf where all this is kept, away form the light under a coltrolled atmosphere?  ???
can it be possible that they have doubts about the dates and production numbers of every set?  ???

it is often said that playmobil is still a very "family" business and what count bogro describes seems to confirm this.  :-\
if a collectors club is on the way maybe there is still a lot of way to be walked "internally" for playmobil.  :)
maube they need our help...

Back in 1974 Geobra had no idea how Playmobil would take off, but do Lego and other companies keep copy of every set they ever produce? It'd require several warehouses.

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
We'll be here to hlep it!!!

I have a lyra western bank that is not in the 2nd edition collector, maybe its in the third...

Theres 2 banks in the 3rd edition 3422 and 9022 are any of these your missing bank?
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
you are right of course martin.  :yup:

i was wishful-thinking when i thought of a gigantic warehouse vault filled with all sets m.i.b. lined up in shelves, each one preceded by its contents assembled.  :-[
with each set there would be a samll monitor explaining everything - dates, parts numbers, production numbers, lists of similar sets...  :-[

... and on-line, all this available to all collectors club members, with direct links to order any missing parts.  ;)

a lot of work has already been done by fans to achieve this.
there is axel books  :wow: and sbblabotw playmodb  :wow: and collectobil (i think its creator is now working with playmobil).
there is even an official archive for european sets inside playmobil.de.

maybe we are not so "distant" after all.
  :hmm:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master

maybe they need our help...

well i don't think they take the history so seriously because they say they are only toys and are for children until now they ignore our existance in all the ways .they only care of how many toys are going to sell in the present the history won't  bring money to the company at present. this is one side of the story what do you think??
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
That is true...when something is produced I do not think that all believe this will go and make people so much happy and crazy to start collecting....But once you see people collecting, one cannot disregard the fact that collecting becomes such an important factor in your business...Thus you have to keep this group happy and take their oppinion into consideration...

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
yes we 'll see what will happen with the collector's club 8-)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
Geobra is indeed very bad at keeping it's own history. To be honest; I find that most companies are.
They are only interested in the here, now the foreseeable future. And no - Geobra has almost nothing -neither sets nor documentation.
It's a sad affair.
But then again; they are making a living for itself and itself.

Hard but true.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.