Author Topic: What is this bucket?  (Read 5225 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: What is this bucket?
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 16:07:48 »
I would be surprised if it were - the evidence seems to be stacking up against it as regards size (bigger than usual), finish (no chromed version on playmoDB and chrome usually an early knights finish).

I am still positive that it is Playmobil of some kind - bucket or not. I have been trying to use my imagination to decide what else it could possibly be but with not much luck :(

It is telling me playmobil everytime I pick it up so will stick by this until proven correct/incorrect.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 16:15:31 »
I am still positive that it is Playmobil of some kind - bucket or not. I have been trying to use my imagination to decide what else it could possibly be but with not much luck :(

It is telling me playmobil everytime I pick it up so will stick by this until proven correct/incorrect.

You're quite right to stick to your view until the evidence says "No" or "Almost certainly no".
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 16:39:25 »
Here is some more evidence in favour ;)

Yes perhaps a little oversize for a regular Klicky but perfect for a space man:

The bases are exactly the same sizes:

The similar number markings:

And finally a pic of the two for Martin:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 18:18:34 »
I really cannot recall any bucket on the playmospace theme...(it was my next favourite to knights when i was a kid) but then again I never had any ground vehicles...I can say for certain it cannot be fount in space shuttle set or spacemen set...or robot..

hmmm strange indeed...

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 18:40:56 »
I really cannot recall any bucket on the playmospace theme...(it was my next favourite to knights when i was a kid) but then again I never had any ground vehicles...I can say for certain it cannot be fount in space shuttle set or spacemen set...or robot..

hmmm strange indeed...

the playmo space are rare items? because i don't see them on ebay but in the books says that it is common
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 20:01:01 »

the playmo space are rare items? because i don't see them on ebay but in the books says that it is common

It is hard to find a goodly preserved playmospace set or space man...their case is more or less the same with then Nuremburg guards chrome armor...

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 23:28:06 »
It is hard to find a goodly preserved playmospace set or space man...their case is more or less the same with then Nuremburg guards chrome armor...
hmmmmmmmm ??? but why the book says that  are common?? i don't usually see  them on ebay commonly   !!!!!
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 15:48:17 »
Hey Damo, check out set 3244x  Western Artillery Cart under the western theme on Playmodb. It's an old set, & in the picture is a chrome looking bucket hanging on to a cannon ???!

3244x - Western Artillery Cart
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 15:51:31 »
Hmm, that does look kind of chrome-y.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 15:51:43 »
Hey Damo, check out set 3244x  Western Artillery Cart under the western theme on Playmodb. It's an old set, & in the picture is a chrome looking bucket hanging on to a cannon ???!

3244x - Western Artillery Cart

Thanks, Bill - I must say, it does look the closest so far, but still not a match I don't think :-\

It doesnt look tall enough I don't think :-\

Damo :)