Author Topic: 5247 Native American Camp  (Read 9307 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
5247 Native American Camp
« on: November 03, 2012, 01:02:30 »
Well I have a hard time resisting the western theme and have collected a decent amount. When the western theme had this years comeback I could not for a moment resist buying as many of the sets I liked. One of such sets was the Indian camp. A tepee, new fire, new klickies, painted horse and more awaited to join our world.

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 5247 Native American Camp
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 01:02:44 »

There were a lot of bags

and a lot of accessories

I wonder what is behind some sets not having sufficient bags and some to many, its logical to at least one packaging or efficiency engineer  over at geobra

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 01:02:55 »

The Klicies in my opinion look great. I like the lean muscular look of the warriors and I want to add lots more to our collection.  I will dig out some older warriors and compare the uniqueness of this new body. I do hope a add-on pack becomes available in different prints.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 01:03:49 »

The whole camp 

and some visitors, "we come in peace"  ;D

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 01:04:01 »

I remember when companies used to cut out the holes completely. Then some wise gal realized that the factory would not have to clean up the mess and could only partially cut the material and send the garbage to someone else, um..... the client  >:(

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 01:41:26 »
Oh-oh.  I was trying to resist, but I think I will need to add these to my original Native American sets.  The klickies are very different, the women in my series have the old dresses, and the papoose board is much simpler.  I agree, the warriors have a nice look. 
kaethe

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 01:43:10 »
Nice pictures! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 04:27:59 »
It's a nice looking set. There are some great details.
As always I have to mention that they have mixed up tribal designs and items from vastly different cultures and parts of the country. I wonder if they will ever realize that totem poles and tipis never went together.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 09:33:44 »
Nice review, Ras, of a nice looking set.  Thank you!   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline PlaymoZoo

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 10:50:29 »
Thank you for the review!  :)
Looks like a nice set. Can you actually shoot arrows with that bow like it says on the box?
PlaymoZoo :wave: