Author Topic: 7973 three green dragon knights  (Read 5436 times)

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
Re: 7973 three green dragon knights
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 01:37:57 »
I'm not a fan of the new Dragon Knights theme either, but some of the parts can be useful.

I like the new helmet, the new boots, and the new sword.  I always wondered why Playmobil didn't use this sword to begin with.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 08:07:43 »
I like these, too!  I will definitely get some of these when they come to the US.
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 18:26:55 »
I recently got a few of these add-on packs, so I thought I'd add a few more thoughts now I have them in my hands.

The set comprises an archer/scout with cloak and hood, and two infantrymen with metal helmets. However the parts can be arranged in several ways, this is just my interpretation.

The archer has a cloak-mounted quiver and y-fronts belt clip holding a dagger, plus a bow. The set included three shields; two round, green with celtic knotwork, very suitable for leaders, light infantry, and one of the teardrop shape with a gree dragon face. This latter appears nowhere else in the Dragon Knights theme (as far as I can see), and it's really the odd one out,  as the Archer doesn't require a shield and couldn't use one while firing his bow anyway. It could prove useful for a specific unit.

The figure with a metal coif for hair has the closed-face helm which is usually associated with the Red Dragon Knights. I'm not clear why this figure has been supplied with the wrong sort of helmet - at least until you look at the "Three Red Dragon Knights" add-on pack. He also has a Roman Legionary belt which just about fits his fantasy dagger, but I'd have preferred a normal swordbelt.

The third figure has an open-faced, and carries his weapons on his back. The black clip can be used to hold anything, and is very useful.

A good set for customising and beefing up your Green Dragon armies, but I'd have preferred the 30 20 3262 Dragon helmet instead of the 30 20 2212 helmet.

The comparative 7975 Red Dragon Knights group is far worse however, with two "wrong" helmets which lands me to think they're just getting rid of some old stock. Using the 30 20 2212 helmet from 7973 for one of these guys solves half the problem, but if I were adding these groups to my armies I'd want to order several of each type of correct helmet, and when I next put in a direct order thse will be on my lsit.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 20:51:37 »
Thanks for the photos, Andi.  In the picture of the new sword, what exactly is the weapon to the right of it, please?  A dagger or some sort of magic piece?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 21:00:40 »
Thanks for the photos, Andi.  In the picture of the new sword, what exactly is the weapon to the right of it, please?  A dagger or some sort of magic piece?

its a dagger Gordon, but probably designed as a magic dagger of some kind. There are two big pieces of it, one green in the dragonand tower, one red/black in the bigger dragon land castle... They probably represent ceremonial daggers but these two big pieces are tie pins!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 21:11:10 »
its a dagger Gordon, but probably designed as a magic dagger of some kind. There are two big pieces of it, one green in the dragonand tower, one red/black in the bigger dragon land castle... They probably represent ceremonial daggers but these two big pieces are tie pins!

:lol:  Thanks, Panos.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 21:15:41 »
....and one of the teardrop shape with a gree dragon face. This latter appears nowhere else in the Dragon Knights theme (as far as I can see), and it's really the odd one out...

This one can actually be found in the 4775 - Knights Take Along Tower

I'll agree with you Mrtin that, althought I still have nobought them but by looking at the pics, this set offers lots of accessories to rearrange the green and red dragonland series knights!

I'll also agree with your verdict that playmobil seems to be getting rid of stock pilling up in ther warehouses... good thing they are sending it our way  ;D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 21:20:18 »
:lol:  Thanks, Panos.

No problem  ;)

Just to let you know what I'm talking about...  :lol: