Author Topic: 6280 Western Saloon  (Read 17354 times)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
6280 Western Saloon
« on: January 09, 2013, 01:15:36 »
I bought the saloon as my first western set and it came today!  Here is the outer box.

The contents of the box

The instructions were pretty clear.  Bear with me as I construct the saloon.  First the windows and swinging doors go together and are inserted into the walls.   I think it is so neat that the windows go up and down, up and down.  (As you can see I am easily entertained.)

The front and two side walls are attached and then set on the foundation.

The porch posts come next along with the rails, the two lanterns and the signs, then the porch roof goes on.

Finally the main roof, railings and sign are added to complete the building.

The interior has a bar, ample storage, bottles, mugs, a pail, a table, four chairs and the essential spittoon.

I really like this set and I am so glad that Playmobil re-issued it.  The little details like the swinging doors and lanterns hanging on the porch add to the realism and playability.  I thought it should have had some playing cards included for a friendly game of poker.  You can see below who was first up at the bar!

Joe   
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
Re: 6280 Western Saloon
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 01:30:34 »
I can't wait for that set to be available in the Canadian DS.
Not a big Western collector, but I'm planning on letting a few spies hang in there.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 02:39:00 »
Thank you, Joe, for an excellent review of a very attractive set.  With one or two changes, such as replacing the swing doors with a normal one, that would make a good railway waiting room for my railway.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 02:53:58 »
you wasted not time in getting a great new set. I have never had one new so I look forward to getting this and the new powder blue church.

All this one needs is the sticker that is reflective for the bar. I guess one could get that at a craft store.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 03:01:30 »
Thanks for the great review. I have one of the Sheriffs but have never had the saloon. It's on my list but down a bit compared to other things.

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 06:09:40 »
Lovely set and a great review.  :wave:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 06:20:13 »
Thank you for he pics and the review, Joe!  :)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 08:36:03 »
Great review! (loved the easily entertained part - I think I'm like that too :-[ )

I believe the original saloon did have "mirror stickers" - I think I saw that bar last weekend.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 09:35:37 »
Nice to see all the little details of this wonderfull set, if I where to get into western, it would likely be one of the first things I'd want to get.  :)

Your avatar might need some help with his rampant drinking and gambling problems though.  ;)  Not sure if clickies offer help for those sort of things.  :lol:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 12:26:32 »
Lovely. This is where most of my PM budget will go in 2013: DS reissues like this one. It's such a pity they can't give us the figures, too. What would it cost them to do that, I wonder?
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."