Author Topic: 2006 new rescue sets  (Read 6220 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 2006 new rescue sets
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 07:14:16 »
Thanks for the pic, Richard.

The whole lot look very good (have I the room fro them?), but the search and rescue dog team I especially like, partly because it'sa bit out of the ordinary.

The estate ambulance also looks good, as does the .......why try and fool mysel, I want them all!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 18:26:04 »
I am very impressed with the new additions to this theme.
Nice colors, etc

2006 is perhaps the best year of new releases in the 32 years that Playmobil has existed.

M

Gordon, I am very sorry that my avatar is giving you problems.
I hope its not because Guinea pigs like to chew on cables.  :P

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 18:51:51 »

Gordon, I am very sorry that my avatar is giving you problems.
I hope its not because Guinea pigs like to chew on cables.  :P

It was a problem with my browser cache.  Clearing the cache solved it.  No your fault as I'm on a wireless connection so no cable for you to chew. ;D
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 20:10:16 »
I think the new vehicles in the rescue theme hit a new high for Playmobil, although I am surprised that the ambulance isn't in yellow as that now has to be the predominant colour for ambulances in the EU.  The "castings" appear much finer and the slidingdoors on the ambulance and helicopter look very good, as does the new style blue light.

Here are some links to the real thing to show the realism of the Playmobil versions.

http://www.ilmenau.de/blue_ash/notarzt.jpg

http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/media_library...notarzt410x220.jpg

http://www.ried.at/overview/rettung.jpg

« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 20:19:39 by Sylvia »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 21:48:47 »
Yep, that's definitely a new dog. :D

I really love the new helicopter. I agree the styling seems a bit finer on these. I am wondering if there has been a philosophy shift at Playmobil - it seems like for a while they had been doing things more for younger kids - simpler vehicles and so on. A lot of the sets this year seem aimed at a bit older child (or adult collecotr). Definitely a trend I approve of.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 06:35:33 »
Oh, yes, great a new dog!

Although I'm not sure if this is really a shift in target age, because if you have a look over the last 30 years there was a continuously improvement of details in accessories and figures (just to remember the introduction of figure imprints). And for sure this "slow" improvement gives PM a hight potential of releasing more and more sets within the next decades until reaching a full detailed real live model. If one set becomes "outdated" they just release it again, only with a few more details, and they are sure that the target age kids generation (respectively their parents) will buy it and the collectors anyway  ;D
I think this is not only a development that can be recognized in that kind of toys, but also e.g. in computer games: remember the early days with e.g. the Commodore C64 or Amiga computer games; they were quite simple and graphically not very demanding compared to nowadays standards. (Another totally different example is pop music: compare the generalized music from e.g. the 80ies with those hits from today: in a generalized view nowadays you can recognize that music titles have become "multi-layered" or "multi-dimensional" with a little addition here and some further layers there and another effert over there).
So "manufactured" things are going to improve constantly in lifetime.  ;)

Just me  :2c: on a philosophic morning  ;D

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2006, 07:16:06 »
I think I would put it as "Manufactured things are going to change constantly in their lifetime" and some of the changes I've come across aren't improvements. ;D

(Just mke in a cynically philosophical mood. ::))