Author Topic: 2009 new knights  (Read 7225 times)

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
Re: 2009 new knights
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2009, 18:31:32 »
I can be optimistic and think that perhaps this fantasy line is a hedge for the more historically correct lines, just as a bar will 'carry' a restaurant these fantasy lines which may be more financially lucrative can 'carry' lines with more depth but less marketability. :)

You might be right about this Gepetto. I can see kids loving this stuff. I definitely want Playmobil to stay in business. I tend to shy away from good guy vs. bad guy toys. I'd like to see Playmobil do the same.
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009, 03:30:52 »
 :hmm: lamborghini could also decide to start building and selling cars with wings and finns and jet engines and blades and shinning lethal extras.
 :yup: they could even "inspire" themselves in designs taken from blockbuster movies like batman series.
 :yup: ... and i am sure there would be a lot of "kids" loving them and buying them.
 :yup: ... and i am sure an explanation that this design path would save them from bankruptcy could be accepted.
 :yup: ... and maybe it woulb be a success.
 ;) but they just don't do it.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline core

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2009, 07:04:09 »
fwiw a micro sample feedback from PM's target audience - our 2 boys 5 & 9 - responded enthusiastically to the new sets, especially the projectile-spewing weapons and new towers.  In addition, they have seen Mega Block's castle/dragon theme on the shelf for the umpteen time and it doesn't have any draw.

They also like the various novelties on the latest pirate ship (hide-away canons, etc) for the play factor (likewise the upcoming Egyptians) - so in a way PM looks to be successfully catering to their target audience.  The older one though has an eye on the steck-era knights, and is known to lament the simplification and "non-accurate/realistic" aspects of the newer knights (then again, I might have rubbed that off on him  ;))
Peter