Author Topic: 7721 Classroom  (Read 3694 times)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
7721 Classroom
« on: September 05, 2006, 14:25:37 »
Has anyone here bought this set from the DS?

I would like to find out the part number for the pointer, if possible.

It was also included in the original classroom set (3522) back in the 80s. Later it was produced again in white for a Victorian set, but I need a grey one to complete my old classroom set. :)

It usually comes on a sprue with the screen and stand, so the diagram on the instruction sheet will look a bit like this one:
http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-61-1160

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Re: 7721 Classroom
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 20:25:01 »
Yes, I bought it. And actually the color of the pointing stick matches to the depicted one (light grey). Unfortunately there is no plan included, so I can't provide a spare part number.  :(

I'm also bad-tempered about this because I wanted to re-order the yellow rulers for my workshop (I have in my workshop a red one, but typically those kind of tools are yellow ... at least here in Germany) -- but also no plan - no spare part number.
(If I remember correctly, the yellow one is used also in another set, where the spare part number is provided; but when I ordered at DS they send me the red variant  :()

Maybe we find some more people looking for specific parts of this set, so Sylvia get the pointing stick, I get the yellow rulers, ...  ;)

If I do not forget, I can have a look for your missing piece at the Playmo-Welten-2006 exhibition this weekend. I assume there will be some collectors around selling loose spare parts.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 20:48:49 »
No plan? What a bummer. It is kinda odd for a set with so many parts to have no sheet. :(

(If I remember correctly, the yellow one is used also in another set, where the spare part number is provided; but when I ordered at DS they send me the red variant  :()
I hate it when that happens. :( Perhaps they were just temporarily out of stock on the yellow one?

Maybe we find some more people looking for specific parts of this set, so Sylvia get the pointing stick, I get the yellow rulers, ...  ;)
That would be an ideal solution! ;D

If I do not forget, I can have a look for your missing piece at the Playmo-Welten-2006 exhibition this weekend. I assume there will be some collectors around selling loose spare parts.
Thanks. I'd really appreciate that, Jochen! :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 22:03:51 »
I've just done a couple of searches on PlaymoDB.  Querying on "ruler" brings up an orange ruler (with part number) in the bunnies.  Querying on "pointer" brings up a grey one (which is also a radio aerial in the polkice station - I thought I recognised the shape in Sylvia's first post), again with a part number.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 23:18:02 »
Hey Sylvia,

I've sent you a PM.

Ben

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 04:46:54 »
No plan? What a bummer. It is kinda odd for a set with so many parts to have no sheet. :(

Yes, it's a pitty. But maybe only my set is missing the plan -- I don't know. As you said it's odd. I reconized, that most of todays sets do have plans, but not the simple ones where nearly is no assembling and ambiguity about placing the stickers correctly.

I've just done a couple of searches on PlaymoDB.  Querying on "ruler" brings up an orange ruler (with part number) in the bunnies.  Querying on "pointer" brings up a grey one (which is also a radio aerial in the polkice station - I thought I recognised the shape in Sylvia's first post), again with a part number.

Oh, that's cool. I missed the orange one. This might also be suitable for my workshop. Yes, I also had the pointer from the police set in mind, but it's more silver than pure grey (I have this set too so I compared).

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 09:29:02 »
Querying on "pointer" brings up a grey one (which is also a radio aerial in the polkice station - I thought I recognised the shape in Sylvia's first post), again with a part number.

I'd forgotten about that one!
Unfortunately, Jochen is right. It's a different grey, darker and more metallic-looking. I think it's a slightly different shape too - less rounded at the "pointy" end. Thanks for trying to find an alternate source for the number, Gordon. :)

Hey Sylvia,

I've sent you a PM. 

Thanks, Ben! I'm really pleased that you have a spare of the part I was looking for. :D