Author Topic: Playmobil will make the sets dedicated to Scooby-Doo films  (Read 6162 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Re: Playmobil will make the sets dedicated to Scooby-Doo films
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2020, 23:25:15 »
I accidentally bought 2 more divers today - I thought they were Witch Doctors - Pfui. I actually bought them in order to snag the display case, which was nearly empty. I have 5 of the display boxes now; they're handy for organizing clickies. But, this gives me 11 divers. Pfui.

Offline NICO

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Greetings from Geobratia
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2020, 07:41:50 »
Back to topic now.

Today 70288 SCOOBY-DOO! Mystery Figures Series 1 was released in Germany. I know this is old news for the US Playmofriends, but here in Europe we were utterly excited – I was, at any rate. I looked forward to this day. :rock:

I was lucky and could pluck the entire range of 12 figures from an unblemished retail box, and am very happy with my new toys. The whole idea of scary figures that can be unmasked and pacified is quite appealing to young players, and the new parts are great for customizers. Still, let me start with a complaint.

It is about the "Ghost Diver", with the attractive head of the type first seen in the world of SUPER 4, seen on Dr. X, Sir Ulf and Grimmagus. I was looking forward to see it with a Figures-compatible neck, and was appalled that Geobra hadn't produced one: They just used the known SUPER 4 head, whilst supplying a grey Figures inlet! :omg:

I know that one can use regular heads with grey inlets, but it isn't easy to pull the head off again, especially with the lower part of the diving helmet in the way. And the head doesn't turn well, things are just too tight. But what bugs me most is that Geobra has been cutting corners, again: Clearly, it was considered too expensive to produce a new mould for this head with a new neck. I wish they wouldn't do that. :hmm:

Other than that I'm quite happy with the lot. Some great characters!

Best wishes
StJohn

I would appreciate some photos in which some heads can be compared with others, and to be able to understand well the problem that there is to remove the heads from the figure.

Maybe I can find out why when we are making figures my son and I sometimes can't get the heads in, and sometimes the heads are too loose... This happens to us by mixing old pieces, modern pieces, etc. to make different customizations. The mixes my son makes are truly eclectic and fun.

I guess this takes time, so if anyone can do it, I reiterate my thanks.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2020, 07:51:31 »
I would appreciate some photos in which some heads can be compared with others, and to be able to understand well the problem that there is to remove the heads from the figure.

Figure heads vs normal: Figures, at playkingdoms..

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2020, 08:26:09 »
Thanks for that, Tahra. This discussion was really crying out for photos!

So, Figures heads have an arrow on the back of the head, just below the notch. Is that the only difference?

I just checked eight different Series 17 Figures heads and they all have the arrow. Any reversible two-faced heads wouldn't have the arrow though. Not that reversible heads are very common.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2020, 08:49:16 »
Thanks for that, Tahra. This discussion was really crying out for photos!

So, Figures heads have an arrow on the back of the head, just below the notch. Is that the only difference?

I just checked eight different Series 17 Figures heads and they all have the arrow. Any reversible two-faced heads wouldn't have the arrow though. Not that reversible heads are very common.

The neck is different - THAT is the real difference - the triangle is just a "sign", does nothing.

You can see the figure head has the bottom part of the neck more "rounded", thinner, compared to the normal one..

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2020, 11:29:34 »

Thank you all! According to Tahra's playkingdoms pictures, paying close attention to the different necks, this picture above is definitely a normal head... This is bad news.  :(
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2020, 13:24:11 »
Thank you all! According to Tahra's playkingdoms pictures, paying close attention to the different necks, this picture above is definitely a normal head... This is bad news.  :(

Yes, a VERY LAME move.

I have no idea why these (and the movie ones) are figures, but that is an entirely different matter.

Offline NICO

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Greetings from Geobratia
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2020, 07:38:41 »
Figure heads vs normal: Figures, at playkingdoms..

Thank you very much!! Also i can check differences on skeletons... Useful entry of playkingdoms!!  :clap: :thanks: