Author Topic: Instructions for 3551  (Read 21110 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Instructions for 3551
« on: December 30, 2010, 01:19:01 »
Hi all! I need desperatly instructions for this set.
http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=3551

I got this set today.... no box. I think it is Antex for the quality of the clickies. HORRIBLE!
The instructions are very bad and are incomplete. Anybodoy who has them can send them to me please? PM me. Thanx.

Or else...can someone post some detail pics of all four sides and from above? I could manage with that too. Thanx a lot!!!  :)

...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Instructions for 3551
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 02:04:28 »
i've been reading a couple of threads form long ago and I can confirm that my 3551 is Antex.  :'(
The hull is painted and it is painted very poorly.... should I customize it?...
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 02:15:36 »
ouch. I'm always afraid I'll fall victim to that on ebay. I hope you didn't pay an arm and a leg for it.  :(
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 02:19:49 »
I bought it from the argentine ebay so it wasn't that bad...in fact just to compare...only 15 dolars more than the submarine. Not bad for this set.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 02:22:30 »
That seems like a lot to me! But anyway you wont feel bad drilling holes in it or painting it up if you decide to customize it. Sometimes I almost feel guilty altering a very old piece that is in good condition.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 02:33:05 »
yes...that's my dilema.... I would only paint by the way....
I have to think about it....

anyway....  how do the strings goes? I have a white one, a red one and an orange one... in the pics I only see a white one.... this is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  8} 8} 8}

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 03:00:14 »
Afraid I can't help at all. I've never even seen this set before.  :-[

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 03:54:24 »
I should have these instructions in my Playmoshed in the box. I'll look & let you know tomorrow. Is there something you need to know about it, is yours new or used?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 04:08:31 »
Lovely set! Very historical!!! I hope to get it too someday...

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 10:29:20 »
I should have these instructions in my Playmoshed in the box. I'll look & let you know tomorrow. Is there something you need to know about it, is yours new or used?

Thank you Bill. What is driving me crazy is the strings situation, the way to place them seems very complicated in the pics I could find, and there's nothing about that in the instructions I had with the set. The set was without box but sealed in original bags. I basically put it together, Im just not sure about some things.... and the freaking strings. I have three diferent colors.OH! and the anchor.... there is nothing to hold it still hunging out of the hull.... it keeps falling to the bottom of the sea  :-[