Author Topic: Hello from France  (Read 3065 times)

Offline Zaroff

• Playmo Pal
Hello from France
« on: January 29, 2018, 20:37:35 »
Hello to you all,

Happy to be here with you on this nice forum.
Well I am a french collector I am 49 years old, and I live in a town called  Clermont-Ferrand.
Of course, as I am french, my english is not perfect... :lol:

As a lot of us, I received my first Playmobil (a lot) as I was a child, but unefortunately I sold them when I was 18...

I started to collect Playmobil in 2010 by buying some Playmobil to my daughter, and when I discovered the Romans theme.
At first, it's was not easy to assume, because one of the first question is : what will I do with this toys ?
But it's too late. I have began to store some boxes on a shelf, and ask me if there are other people collecting Playmobil.
After some research on the web, I find collectors websites, some forums...
I discover the amount of Playmobil references , the old set I didn't have had as I was a child, and the amazing collection of some people.

My collection, at first, increased step by step but quickly, it was not easy to buy actual sets you need and former sets you need too at the same time. As I have began to make somes pictures even if the first wasn't amazing, you have much and much ideas, but you need more and more sets and specials pieces to realize your pictures and creations.
For my part, at this time I tried to develop some theme like western and medieval, and to find some sets I liked, I have had the opportunity to find a lot of them thanks to some business relations,

As my collection was growing, and as I have a big place in my former house, it was easy to set my collection in some showcase and shelfs, and too, because my wife accepted it (a big thank to her).
In this place I have had a lot of place to expose and make some dioramas.

Five years ago, we have had to move, and I  always had a room to expose my collection, but less place to make diorama.

two pictures of my former room

But today, we just come to move in  a new house two months ago with a large room just for me and my Playmobil. But I have to open all the boxes and install it...

Here is my new room

It's very important for me to have a place to see my collection and to « work » on some creations.
The place of this collection is very important for me, it's a good way to recharge and relax.
I try to give life to my collection by making small diorama on shelf and in my showcases, I reorganized often my room to expose a new pieces, even if now the growth of my collection is smaller than at the beginning.

I think that some members will remind me, I was member of the former forum Tricornejock and member of the PCC too.
I was coming here on Playmofriends regulary as simple visitor,but now I will be happy to share pictures with you, read your posts and see your nice creations. :)9

Greetings from France

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Hello from France
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 20:57:37 »
Welcome from Portugal!

That is an awesome playmoroom :love: :love:

And great collection too!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 20:59:05 »
A warm welcome from North Yorkshire, UK.   :wave:

Clermont-Ferrand, home of the very challenging motor racing circuit.

You have a great collection and wonderful displays.  Thanks for sharing them.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 21:22:53 »
Welcome from Oregon! Very nice to see you joining us here!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 00:05:54 »
Hi there and welcome aboard from Belgium!
Bonjour et soyez bienvenue de la Belgique!

I certainly remember you, last years I saw some of your pictures in the PCC and several years ago I sometimes visited Tricornejock-forum and we have encountered one another there back then :)

I received my first Playmobil (a lot) as I was a child, but unefortunately I sold them when I was 18...

Same with me, I too sold everything I had at that age :-[
I started all over again with Playmo in 2000, when the 3940 Pirates Flagship was released.

That is an awesome playmoroom :love: :love:
And great collection too!

Very awesome indeed, superb room & collection!  8-)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 01:22:08 »
Welcome! :) Your collection looks great (and very organised ;)).
~Pynedor~

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 01:41:43 »
Fantastic collection and great to have you here. I look forward to seeing more of your collection as I am a big western theme collector myself.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 15:17:18 »
 :wave: Hello from Germany! What a magnificent collection! And congratulations on your great organizational skills :) It's often a challenge, to display and find place for all the little worlds we create. I hope you have lots of fun here at the forum and you will show us more of your collection!  :)
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 17:08:42 »
Welcom Zaroff! That’s an amazing collection!!! I like the mini dioramas you made in the vitrines!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 18:46:42 »
I agree, I love those mini-dioramas!
Welcome from Stroud, England.
I too have a very understanding wife, but a much smaller playmoroom than you.

And well done with the English (la langue, pas les gens)!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)